Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after several lessons from my daughter that crates aren't cruel I did decide to crate train our pup when we brought him home. Now I'm thinking the crate I got him will be too small to last him. If I get him a new crate, should I stick with exactly the same style or is it okay to get something different? (I ask because I don't know if I can get this same crate as I bought it used and haven't seen it in stores - it's an older one)Also, should I go cold turkey with the change or have them both around for a while?
Oh yeah, approx how big will it need to be for a full grown beagle?

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It only took one night in the crate for me to be a believer!! (And I thought Winston would be the only dog to ever sleep on his back!!)
thanks for your input. Winston's crate isn't nearly that big so I guess I will be shopping for one soon.
I am using a plastic one right now. I am a bit concerned with it as it is about 30 degrees celsius here right now (don't know the farenheit translation, lets just say HOT) - and I am concerned about the ventilation and keeping it cool enough. any ideas?

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoping the lethargy and decreased appetitite is due to heat too? Seems much more active late eve's and early AM's.
Trying to keep us all cool as we can......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.