Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
30 Celsius is about 85 Farenheit, I think. You could always try using small fans. You could also keep the crate in a room that is not carpeted, or if there is a room that gets little sun and stays cool in relation to other rooms in your house or flat.

My air conditioner was broken for a lot of this summer (it was getting up past 100F/37-38C where I live), and my dogs had to put up with up to 94F/35C inside my house (during the hottest part of the day) for a day or two when we had no source of cooling except the fans. I understand your concerns all too well!

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally Posted By: Winston's MomHoping the lethargy and decreased appetitive is due to heat too? Seems much more active late eve's and early AM's.
Trying to keep us all cool as we can......
That sounds about right; my dogs are still off their food even though they've been in a nice cool house for several weeks. I took the advice of others here and drizzle a bit of warm water onto the food, and that seemed to work. I hope it cools down for you soon. I thought I was a summer girl until I found out how hard it is to live when you're hotter than is comfortable!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.