Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y'all leave in your beags' crates while they're alone during the day? Henry's in his crate about six hours a day, but luckily that's broken up by my lunch break and my dad playing with him all afternoon while I'm at work (he works 3rd shift). I leave his Kong with him, and occasionally squeaky toys (minus the squeakers) because I know if he swallows pieces it won't hurt him. What about Nylabones and other durable toys? I harbor a bit of anxiety that he'll break off a large chunk, or break a tooth, although this has never happened in all his chewing. He has his blankies in his crate, which haven't been destroyed, so I guess he's not bored. He loves his 'house' and makes himself some snug little nests, lol. Thoughts?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe has the run of the house, well studio apartment... I tried crating her once, after about 2 weeks of practacing it, and I got a call from the building management.... never again.

I just puppy proof everything every morning, leave her with her stuffed frozen kong, and go. No extra hugs, I don't even say the word goodbye. It actually helped with her whining after I lock the door.

She goes to her crate when she needs a break from me, or when I want to take one of her toys. She just grabs it and in she goes... That's how I know she actually like it there (just not alone at home).

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Daisy has a kong toy and a large bone to chew on. She had crate bedding but that was quickly shredded. So, now it's just old towels or nothing. She doesn't appear to be bothered if she doesn't have a towel in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts