Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one, first of all i want to thank all of you that you recomended to me the crate training method it is just working great, Pita isnt waking up at all during the night! :thumbup:
but we still have problems, the first one is that when we leave pita alone during the day in the crate whenwe leave the house, she cries for about 10-20 minutes and even when we have guests and we have a lot of them, i want to put her in the room and she cries, is there something i can do about that?
and another problem is that when in the evening pita is not tired but i go to sleep it is realy hard to put her the crate and after i put her in she cries for 5 minutes.
thank you, if you can help me with these problems... Doron and Pita!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi Doron,

This is typial. It's good that she only cries for 10-20 minutes when you leave... she will get used to it (it takes time) and she won't cry anymore once she is fine with staying in the crate. You can try giving her a kong when you leave, that will keep her busy and she won't notice you left. Also, I would recommend that you put her in the crate about 5-10 minutes before you leave, and then just ignore her, so that she will not associate you leaving with something that causes excitement. The same thing with the kong you can do when you put her in the crate or a room when people come over.

Li Nishma Sheholech Lecha Yoffi... :thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
very typical. Marley used to cry the first 5-10 minutes. Now he rarely cries when we put him in, he is almost 7 months old now. Only time he cries is when he really wants to play or we have company, something like that. He knows the difference when we put him in to leave for work etc and is fine then.

Will get better. Not much you can do really.

Also, when you have guests, she hears the chatter and wants to be near you. Marley does the same exact thing.

Some don't get better over time due to separation anxiety. However, what she is doing sounds very typical/normal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue is four months old and still cries when we put him back in the crate after our lunch break. He is quite with his Kong until we open the garage door and then all bets are off. That seems to be the only time he is upset and it doesn't last long. Although, we only put him in there to sleep and when we are at work so I can't say about other times during the day.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dixie is doing good at almost 4 months old.

she whines about 20 sec when she isn't too tired. If she is tired she goes in without any whining! lol

Also she knows when bedtime is, and been really good about just going in when it is time. I still have to put her in the crate, she won't go in on her own.

Also during thanksgiving dinner i put her in the crate in another room so she won't be bothered, and she did well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Scout does go in her crate on her own. She would rather nap on the couch when we are there. But at night when we put her in she lays right down and goes to sleep. She actually went through the night last night, but she also was at day care all day (first time back since being spayed) and she wore herself out. She cries a little when we leave, but she will cry mostly if she knows we are there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts