Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as i started leaving the cover off the crate to let her get used to the noise around the house. she barks for alittle bit, then she settles down.

Just wondered if anyone else did!

·
Registered
751 Posts
i didn't cover it in the beginning because the first time I did it, he chewed on it through the slates. We started covering it again when it got cooler at night. To our surprise he did not try to chew it this time. And...we are finding it helps him sleep better. It's like a little den. He seems to love it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue only pulls his covers off if we leave him too long during the day and he makes a mess. Other than that, it helps him sleep also and looks at me with a "dirty look" if I take too long to pull it down at night!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to make a better cover for her crate, cause i was using my flat sheet off my bed. well i decided i wanted my sheet back! lol

I got some old material i used to make some curtain out of, and it is doing ok, but i will get some more material when i go to my parent's house and make a cover for the crate!

·
Registered
58 Posts
We cover Hunter's entire crate with a blanket -- to keep it warmer and give him some privacy. He seems to like it, its like a little fort.

Full disclosure, we never shut him in his crate. He's 6 years old, and earned full run of the house when we're at work and at night -- no accidents, chewing, or random barking. But we keep his crate up and covered, and he uses it as a place of refuge whenever he wants to guarantee a quality nap in a dark place.

·
Registered
147 Posts
we tried covering homers crate once and he whined and howled until we took it off.i think he wants to be able to see everything around him to know what's going on.his crate is in our office and if we close the crate door during the day while he is in it and leave he will whine until we come back(i only do this when i have something to do and don't want him in the way)but when we close the office door he is fine.he seems to know when the office door get shut he is in for awhile-like at night or if we have to go out for a few hours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts