Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sherry has been a bit poorly recently (tummy upset, nothing serious). After she had been out in the garden in the cold and wet I told her to go get in her bed and make herself all cosy and warm. A few minutes later this is what I saw...

How she managed it all by herself I've no idea but I had to rush and get my camera before she moved.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How precious! If she does the typical "turn three times around" before lying down, I suspect that's how she got herself wound up in the blanket. I hope her tummy feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That is PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing that beautiful shot - Judy's probably right, they do seem to turn a lot (mine also "root"). Can't tell you how many times I've had to rescue a beagle who's become "tangled" in the blanket! Fortunately, it has always happened when I was home to "rescue" them.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
How precious! If she does the typical "turn three times around" before lying down, I suspect that's how she got herself wound up in the blanket. I hope her tummy feels better soon!
3 times? ha, I wish.... I sometimes watch Chloe turn around for more than a minute until she finds the exact point!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

That picture IS priceless :heart:

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's how we all look today too, but Blue doesn't seem to like being confined to his blankie. He prefers to be Linus and drag it all over the house!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone.

My hubby is not convinced she done it by herself but she really did, unless Rosa or the cat helped her :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome back Jennifer! Goober looks a lot like her
with his white face! Since you have been gone for some time, Goober scared the heck out of me on
x-mas eve...but he is nearly back to his old
self & using the "puppy"steps that I purchased for
him! Please do not leave us like you did when you
suffered a loss of a beag...As Goobers days are
"numbered" as well! I know that his day will come
eventually...(but I would like to delay that time
as much as possible)! He still greets me with a
case of the "zoomies" when I come home even after a short time away! :thumbup: (Goober had a stroke
on x-mas eve)& I thought he had died on me, but
he survived to become a "timex-beag" like Snapper!
Homer has learned a lot from him & has even taken-
up a lot of the elder ones duties! Homer is the one to wake/alert me if an intruder enters my property or when it is time for his & Goobers
breakfast!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Red...nice that you have missed me.

I have been lapse in being here I know but after Lilly went to the bridge life has changed so much for me. Things just didn't feel the same anymore but I'm getting better.

I'm sorry Goober has been poorly but happy that he's on the mend. How old is Goober now? he must be about 14 surely.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Jenny, We cross paths once again! :thumbup: Goober
will be 16 on 12 April 2008! You have known him since he was a young beag that was about 18" @
the withers & weighed about 45 lbs! He is now a much smaller "grandpa-beag" that has lost a lot
of his "muscle-mass" & is now more like a 30 lb
beag! (I feed him as much as I can)...but, as
a seniour beag he never gains any weight! Aside
from that,he still loves to coil-up & sleep in
my left arm-pit! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts