Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was post on Beagle Bay this morning saying that 4Paws has acknowledged a problem with the ball mentioned in my earlier post. There was manufacturing flaw. The hole that was supposed to be on the bottom of the ball did not go all the way through. If you have one of these, all you need to do is open the bottom hole with a pin or small nail. The company is recalling product still on shelves and not shipping any more until the problem is resolved. 4Paws is asking pet owners to spread the word to friends on how to repair the ball so no more pets are hurt. Evidently there is a message on the 4Paws website. I haven't had time to read it yet but wanted to let you all know.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good for them! It's nice to see a company taking action. Even though it's probably because they wanted to avoid a lawsuit, and not because of their concern for the dogs safety, at least they took action.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Glad they realized the flaw and are fixing it. Too bad it wasn't before that poor baby in your first post lost its tongue. That's just horrible. I sent that link to all my dog loving friends. Thank you for the post and the update.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I was just thinking...I know many of us use Kongs, and I've never had any type of problem with them, but if you think about it, what would keep the small hole from gettting plugged up with say, a piece of kibble or something, and the same type of suction thing happening through the larger hole???

Never thought about it until now, but it seems like it might be possible...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about that last night also. Maggie loves her Kong but that hole could get plugged. I have never heard of anyone having a problem. I wonder if the shape makes a difference?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: jassyI thought about that last night also. Maggie loves her Kong but that hole could get plugged. I have never heard of anyone having a problem. I wonder if the shape makes a difference?
I was thinking about it too, and I don't think it can happen from one main reason. The kong walls are thick rubber, therefore are not likely to collapse inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts