Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Everyone! I apologize for this subject being my first post, but I’m very concerned for my sweet girl.

My nine-month-old Lemon has been crying and straining when pooping for almost a month. We’ve been to the vet three or four times, and she’s had x-rays, an ultrasound, a barium study, and multiple rectal exams. She was diagnosed with colitis, but is still having difficulty pooping. She has been on a soft diet for several weeks.

Has anyone had experience with colitis in their Beagle? If so, did it cause painful pooping? When did the painful pooping go away?

My heart just breaks for her, and I hope every day that she has some relief.

Thanks in advance.

- Daisy’s Mom

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What food are you feeding the dog..if its kibble it may be too dry and harden..
Try a fresh food like Freshpet which comes in a roll. found in the refrigerated section of the pet store or oet section of the market.
I also periodically give my dog a 1/2 tsp of organic coconut oil in the food in one meal several times a week

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I interestingly, I've given my dog pumpkin for loose poops.. try a tablespoon of plain unflavored yogurt which is a probiotic. My dog loves it. I buy Mountain High..because I love it too...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts