Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought home a beagle pup one week ago. We took her to the vet because she could not deficate. When she finally did, the vet confirmed she had coccidiosis. She was also dehyrated and gave her a shot of saline to help and sent us home with meds to treat the parasite. After forcing the med, now the beagle wont' stop screaming and whining. She has been crying for hours, and will not stop. She also will not eat or drink. It's Friday night and our vet is closed for the weekend. Why won't she stop crying?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Oh, I feel so bad for the baby. Do you have an emergency vet available? I would take her there if she has been crying for hours. I can't answer your question as to why she is crying, but I would certainly find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took her back to the vet this morning. Basically said her crying could not be due to the coccidiosis. So they took an xray which she said pretty much showed gas. She said there were several areas of gas, to much gas to see if there was an obstruction. So, she pretty much said to take her to there other clinic where they could do an ultra sound and possibly surgery. WHAT??!! She didn't say it was bloat or if the stomach was twisted, just a few areas of gas. And their clinic is over 2 hours away. I asked her if there was anything she could give her, to releive the gas, and she just said all she could do was refer her to the other clinic and after they preform the ultrasound, THEN they'll give meds for gas. Come on. Am I getting taken here. Should I find another vet?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I always feel like second opinions are well worth the money, especially if you're uneasy about the diagnosis or the way the vet handled things. I would most definitely recommend taking your pup to another vet and explaining what she's been going through. We've dealt with all kinds of vets with our Daisy, something like 10, and they're all different. I would go with your instincts. If you're still concerned, see a different vet.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Originally Posted By: Crazy DaisyI always feel like second opinions are well worth the money, especially if you're uneasy about the diagnosis or the way the vet handled things. I would most definitely recommend taking your pup to another vet and explaining what she's been going through. We've dealt with all kinds of vets with our Daisy, something like 10, and they're all different. I would go with your instincts. If you're still concerned, see a different vet.
I'll second what Crazy Daisy said.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How's she doing? Any better?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts