Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobi is a seven year old...very active, litte boy. However, on his stomach and side we have noticed what we thought were skin tags, have grown to be moles. The vet told us to watch them, they have grown in size, about the top of a pencil eraser and 1/16th of an inch. But not color or bumps etc. He said we could try putting clear fingernail polish on them to stop their growth and then they would fall off...well, needless to say they haven't fallen off. They seem to have gotten worse during the hot days we've had.

What do you think? I am going to call the vet again this week and ask that he take a look at them, but, if anyone has had experience with these please share your information.

Thanks,
Cathy J
cobismom

·
Registered
168 Posts
I haven't had this experience but I would make an appointment with the vet since they're getting a little worse. It's probably harmless but I'd definitely would get those looked at.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Roscoe had a lot of moles all over him and the vet told us the same thing, watch them and see what happens. Turns out, they never caused us any grief, even though a few grew, they weren't a fast growth, so we left them alone.

Cassie had one on her paw that ended up growing slowly, but didn't bother her for a while. By the time it did bother her, it was fairly large. We had it removed and biopsied and no cancer was found, thank God.

I'd ask the vet, but I'd doubt they're anything to worry about.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have to say that I am a little more than just overly concerned. I don't want to have to go through another time like we did with Chipper. I can't do that, not yet. So I get like the panicky mother, and have to work very hard not to take every little thing as a m ajor problem with Cobi. So, we'll wait and see for another week, and if the fingernail polish doesn't work, we're off to the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts