Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Buddy did it again. The clumsy Beagle got himself hurt again. It happened Saturday when we were all at my brother’s house for a Fourth of July barbecue. He was sitting on the porch and when I came out the door he stepped backwards and fell off. It was a drop of maybe three feet. He didn’t make any sounds and got back up but since then he’s been keeping his tail down. He doesn’t show any pain and is eating/drinking normally. I was hoping that he was just sore and bruised but he hasn’t shown much improvement. So it’s off the the vet again tomorrow to have him checked out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Oh poor Buddy! I hope it's just a bad bruise and not anything more serious. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Oh Nooooo! My poor buddy boy...
Is he walking ok? Limbs moving? Does he exhibit pain if you touch him anywhere? Feel his spine to see if he has any discomfort.
Cassie here... kisses kisses 🥰

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the good news is that they could not find anything serious with Buddy. She examined him and he showed no discomfort or pain. It looks like just some soft tissue damage. They gave a prescription of rimadyl, did some blood tests, and some flee/tick prevention. She did say that one of his liver enzymes is a little high but not unusual in an older pooch. Over all he’s doing fine and his tail is much more normal. Just going to take a little time

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's fantastic news!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts