Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if someone has already posted about this, I looked through a little and didn't see it. I keep seeing that everyone is writing about using a clicker... what is that and how is it used? I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
YES!!! We love the clicker. We use it every time we do a training session with Bodie. As soon as he complies we click and reward with a treat. We also carry the clicker with us when we go on walks. When we say Leave it and he does we click and reward. It's an excellent way of providing immediate praise for your dog's good action. I highly suggest you pick one up with a treat bag and start using it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When my Romeo and Chloe were puppies, I used clicker training with them. It worked very well even with two puppies.
Here's some information I found online for you. Hope it explains a bit. When I used it for Roms and Chloe it was hard to find clickers - but most pet stores carry them now. I have some that I can put on my wrist so they're handy. Cheerios make wonderful training treats with clickers.

http://www.clickertraining.com/what_is_clicker_training

1 - 3 of 3 Posts