Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'd say it depends on the dog. Happily, Li'l Girl doesn't have any ear problems, so I only clean hers when she's bathed. However, my previous beagle mix needed his ears cleaned constantly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I clean Jersey's ears as needed. Sometimes that's once a week, sometimes that's once a month. It all depends on the weather here, humidity, has she been outside more, etc....

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
i also do ass needed, when we first got teddy we did ALOT of ear cleanings, but nowadays probably once a month, i check them constantly probably daily actually (i'm a bit paranoid, i had a golden and their also prone to infections so i used to be really on top of that with him) so if i see alittle too much gunk i do that. Also you can buy ear wash and ear dryer (its a two pack) and the wash makes it easier to clean their ears AND the best part is the lotionlike dryer thing you add afterward it removes ear moisture and all you see is like dried powder stuff in a few spots which is fine, and it keeps their ears cleaner longer.
its awesome, i got it at petco for 6 bucks i believe. and has lasted me probably since i've had him so 8 months or so.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel has lived with me 11 and half years, he was between 3 and 5 when I rescued him, and I have never cleaned his ears! Now we live in a very dry climate and they don't require cleaning but I do check em about once a month!

·
Registered
443 Posts
It depends on a few things - if Shiloh Beaglebrat is scratching his ears a lot or rubbing them on the floor or if we are going visiting then I will do it then. He also has one ear that seems to have more problems than the other so I pay more attention to it. Now as for Shasta Beaglebrat, I hardly ever do hers - she just never acts like it is bothering her and when I do check them with ear wash and a cotton ball - they are clean. But as for Shiloh B., he's had ear infections all his life and Delta Society says the ears should be cleaned before we visit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts