Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duke and Violet went to the vet yesterday. They did great! Both were very good, though Duke wanted to hide in the corner to avoid his booster shots (didn't work). LOL

The vet said they were both in perfect health and that Violet's grunting was just that, she called it her happy noise. They are both at the perfect weight, Duke was 24 and Violet 18. The best part, Violet had a heartworm test and it was negative, which means we were able to start her on Sentinel.

The vet has always loved Duke and fell in love with Violet, too. She was amazed at how quiet and calm they were (yeah, catch them later at home!). She was very impressed with Violet's spay scar and said they did a really good job and gave her the all clear to be fully active now. I am so relieved that both my beags are happy and healthy.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That is such great news (I wish our vet visits right now were as positive...)! Violet sounds like such a wonderful find for you (and for Duke)!

·
Registered
223 Posts
question: when your babies were getting their shots, did the vet ask you if you wanted to be in the room or out of the room?

My vet asked me that and I thought it was odd. And then when I said that I would be fine in the room he kind of gave me an odd look.

Congrats on the clean bills of health though!! puppy kisses all around!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yay! That's awesome about the vet visit. The negative heartworm test would really relieve me too.
Artimus: I had a vet many moons ago that asked us that. She was trying to be considerate, but I think that sort of thing would just make a dog more scared of the vet...hmmm. Henry's vet now is a country boy who lets me give Henry his shots! (I worked with him for a while, no worries!) I like that because I always know what he's doing for Henry and why, and despite his simple practice his clinic is an extension of UT's veterinary hospital and he is always reading about the latest in medicine. Go figure.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We love to hear about positive vet visits!

(Artimus: My vet has never asked me if I wanted to step out when Maggie gets shots. However, we both know when she will do better with or without me around. Maggie has high blood pressure and she is much calmer when I am not in the room when he is checking her pressure. Sometimes it is hard for me to be in the room -- it is very difficult these days to draw blood on her. Sometimes the vet has to hunt for a good vein and, even then, it may take a very long time for the blood to flow. It is hard to see Maggie undergoing those painful procedures.)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great news!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's always nice to have a completely positive vet visit.
Great news!

Judy, Dusty can hardly stand it when one of the dogs has to have blood drawn. When we took Traveler for his followup recently, Dusty left the room. The irony was that a new tech did it, and she was so good that it was over before Traveler realized she had the needle in.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Artimus, she never asked about the shots. Violet got hers first and then the tech went back to get the heartworm test ready while the vet did Duke's checkup. When she was done, she asked if I wanted to hold Duke for the shots or wait for the tech and I was fine holding him since I know he's good with shots. Now the bortadello nasal, that's a different story, since the tech was back in by then, all 3 of us helped with that one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts