Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my new beagle that we have had about 2 1/2 months now. He got loose when the pups were out going to the bathroom outside, and has been out in a rainstorm and it is quite cold now here in SE Iowa.
I have put up this poster, and I am posting in the K9 Amber alert group, but I thought I had better post this here, And I think it is a "large photo"
Thanks for looking
Judi in SE Iowa

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Have you been checking the local animal shelters?

Is this the same little guy who wandered into your garage this past winter or am I thinking of somebody else?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hope he gets home soon!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Oh Chopper....
I hope you find your way home soon..... :heart:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope Chopper finds his way home soon! Does he have a chip? My worst nightmare is that my dogs get loose and I can't find them. There was a Beagle here that was lost in the forest for three weeks in the dead of winter and still managed to find her way home, so don't lose hope!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hope Chopper shows up soon. We've had lost dogs in the past, and it's a terrible feeling. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am sorry he is lost. What a scary feeling for you. Hope he makes his way home soon.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Is this the same little guy who wandered into your garage this past winter or am I thinking of somebody else?
Yup, this is him. I finally got him fattened up and used to the "good life" of sleeping in bed, finally had gotten some of his anxiety to a minimal level, and now he has scooted off. We live in a VERY rural area, a town of about 200 people, and all around the town is Amish people (the horse and buggy type) so unfortunately if he wandered to one of their homes, they would certainly feed him, though probably not baby him like I was, but they wouldnt necessarily know to check for the posters around town! sighs.

The closest vet is about 20 miles away, so I will be calling them. They may have had someone call in who has him.

Just had gotten used to have the little bugger around though. He was sweet natured, gentle, tried to please, and generally pretty quiet (except he did have that arooo! bark when there was another dog or animal in our yard and he could see it out the window!!)

"sniff" dont want to think about it, but I have even been checking the ditches now too. Right now in Iowa it is getting SUPER cold again (and I thought it was spring) so I am getting more worried.

Keep us in your thoughts, I will keep everyone updated. My other 2 keep looking around for him too
Judi, Harley, and Maggie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts