Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Lucky several chew toys to choose from. Aside from the edible kind, all he wants is my son's toys. Why is that???? Is there anything I can do to make his toys more desirable? Or, is this just what having a young dog and a young child at the same time will be like? LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Probably something to do with the scent on your son's toys. The new toys don't have any scent. Or to him a toy is a toy is a toy. We can't let a stuffed animal be on the floor or it will be chewed on. Be have a Beannie Baby stuffed animal collection. Once one of the Beanie Baby stuffed animals fell on the floor. We didn't know it. We came home and the Beannie Babie was destroyed. It is because ours have been used to having stuffed animal doggie toys and can't tell the difference.

Maybe if you get a toy box for Lucky. Then work to teach him that those are his toys.

I'm really not sure. Maybe other Beagle owners know more about having small kids and Beagles together?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not going to be much help. Bridey is completely uninterested in all toys unless they're edible. My daughter can strew all her toys across the living room and Bridey ignores them.

I agree with Mom of 2. It must your son's scent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts