Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has an 11 week old spaniel puppy,and she has cherry eye. I looked it up on the internet and am confused. Some sights say that surgery will fix it, some disagree. Her vet has given a topical cream in hope that it helps for a few months so they can have her spayed and do the eye surgery at the same time. Anyone have any advice that I can pass on? Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
bernie had cherry eye. i freaked out. i had him at the vet 30 minutes before the first person showed up the very next morning.finally the cashier showed up, then the doc. doc had him in, fixed and out before the next person showed up.
about 10 min is all it took him. stitched and everything. that was 3 yrs ago. they say if one eye does it, the other will too. not yet it hasnt.
it wasnt just pushed back in either. caused by dogs rubbing their face a lot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My ATB Beagle patches had one as a result of a kid hitting her in the eye with the clip end of a leash accidentally. Surgery needs to happen, as it is painful. Patches' popped back out but a 2nd no charge surgery fixed it for good.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Maggie had one during one of her more extended anxiety attacks -- we were at the vet's, on the table and the vet was giving her several injections and it just popped out. He said he thought it was caused by the stress and hopefully would go away in a few days so as to avoid surgery. It did. Have seen less significant versions after she has been given sedatives. Everything I've read seems to indicate that surgery is definitely the route to go if not resolved on its own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts