Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
September 1st is upon us and I hope its ok but I decided to start the Checking In thread!

Our pack is doing well, Roscoe just had his yearly vet exam (I can't believe we've had him for 2 years already)!

School started today, I teach, and I am excited for the new school year!

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Hey there, you all beat me to it again, LOL.

Thanks for starting this month RocCole. I'm still here plugging away for the best for our great community. We will be making some great changes in a short while and will be happy to share them with everyone too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck with your new school year! Glad to hear that Roscoe is doing well.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Just to say hello and greet those here every month.

This tradition was started by someone over a year ago. We like to hear from those in the site and just have a post every month that everyone just says hi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I'm a new member. I have owned, trained and worked beagles in Search and Rescue for over five years. I just purchased three beagle pups, no not all the same age but still a handful. So now my beagle pack is up to five.
I am trying to find out as much about their bloodlines as possible. If anyone is good with pedigree's and bloodlines please let me know.
Thank you

·
Registered
890 Posts
Still here. Tucker is doing better. I think I forgot to post it here, but he tore his ACL a couple weeks ago. He is doing better, but he will still need surgery. Since he still can get around ok, we are waiting for a better time so we can be there for him with the recovery. I have to go out of town twice in the next month and don't want to have him with a sitter while recovering.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Aww poor Tucker. I hope everything goes according to plan.

Hello everyone,
All in my house are doing well for the most part. Prepping everything for Daddy's return this week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello All, from Diva and family. Diva got her vaccs last weekend and everything is well. Good luck to all

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok = I used the file manager but not sure any pics will show up - not sure.

Anyway - if it does, Shiloh B. is letting us all know that September is here. The weather here in northeast Kansas is quite unusual for this time of year - usually very humid and hot but this year, the whole summer has not been as humid and very few temps in the 90's. There are some days we get to maybe 85.

The Beaglebratz are doing well - now. I forgot that I had part (maybe a third at most) of a dark chocolate Dove Bar in my purse and when I got home from doing errand yesterday, Shasta B. must have taken it as her private invitation when I left it laying on the floor after I put my groceries away. Actually at first I wasn't sure who got it when I saw the wrapper laying on the floor but then I saw Shiloh B. in the livingroom but no Shasta B. I heard some noise out in the kitchen and called Shasta B as I walked out there and was met by a sulky, slinking Shasta B. walking out of the kitchen. Ok - I tried to keep an open mind that it still could have been either - maybe Shiloh B had been out there then quickly snuck back to the livingroom. However, as the day passed, I became more and more convinced that it was Shasta B. No, she wasn't sick - I have never seen a dog who ran so fast around my livingroom - slid across the kitchen floor on the vinyl floor, made a figure 8 racetrack around the rocker chair in the living room them bouncing off the side couch then doing it all over again then I opened the door so she could run outside in case she did get sick (didn't happen). I finally made her come in and lay down. Knowing what I do about dark chocolate and dogs (and Shiloh B. being the iron gut and the large amounts he has eaten a couple times with no ill effects except throwing up) I was a little concerned, kept watching Shasta B and then made her quiet down and stay quiet. For dinner she had some brown rice and cottage cheese mixed in her kibble. It was after we went to bed at 11:30 that she insisted I get up a half hour later to let her out - there was a couple of repeats of that so I just ended up sleeping on the couch. She is doing fine today - both of the Beaglebratz are well - Shasta B has continued running around but it is her usual run and not the frenzy like last nite.

I'm still keeping an eye on both - as much as Shiloh B has indulged in various types of chocolate, I know what to look for and it helps having a 24/7 vet clinic about a block away. I have a wedding to go to later this afternoon so gotta go for now and get some laundry done. Shasta B is scheduled to take her CGC test is about two weeks so I need to work more stringent - she does really good with her commands, especially with treats; can't use treats during the test. Sorry this is so long - if it needs to be moved just let me know.

Whoops - forgot that Photobucket won't work here and for some reason the other pic I uploaded from my computer didn't show - oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gracie and her doting parents checking in! Hope everyone is having a good September so far!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi all! I am here! Rocky was 6 months on Saturday...he's gotten so big! The kids are back to school, I am back to work, and Rocky is doing very well with being crated during the day...no need to have my son come home at lunch time anymore! We leave at 7:45 and the kids are home at 2:30 so that's 6.75 hrs...I am so proud of him! Next big event for Rocky will be his neuter...gotta call the vet!

Have a great month!

·
Registered
605 Posts
September already?! **staggers and smacks forehead**. Henry and I are doing great, staying very busy with work, school, and buddies. I'm a leasing consultant, and our complex is thinking about sponsoring dogs at the shelter where I got Henry! I spoke to a woman on the phone today who remembers him! She started to tear up when I told her how well he's doing and how much we love him. I may not be able to handle another pup right now, but to think that I can help some find forever homes, well, that's incredibly rewarding. Hope everyone is well!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts