Our Beagle World Forums banner

Checking In (September)!

3K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  bender29 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

#3 ·
Monty and I are doing great. Everyone is healthy. Monty is much happier now that the weather has cooled down. We're going for more walks and chasing more squirrels. Yesterday he was barking at a cat who was stalking a squirrel, probably savedthe squirrels life. All in a days work for super-dog.

#4 ·
Ruby and her daddies are doing well! Ruby's diarrhea has cleared up and she's back to normal. Ernie went back to work after being on medical leave from back surgery almost all summer. Ruby is adjusting to the change in only one daddy home during the day just fine. But Ernie gets major love from Ruby when he gets home! She cries as if she's saying Where have you been?!!!

Attachments

#5 ·
Thelma Lou checking in for Sept.! From Alaska hello to all. The girls and I are fine. Getting lots of exercise in this nice cool summer that's almost gone. Only about 3 days of 70's. The days have mostly been mid 60's nites, 40's. How 'bout that Sarah! I'm very proud! She's got strength of pit bull, yes, and also loving heart of our beags! Have a great fall!

#6 ·
Sadie and I are here! We have her back! At least for a while. Our situation is not even close to stable and I have no idea when it will get back to some semblance of normalcy, but in the mean time, I am enjoying every moment with my little Sadie girl!

#8 ·
Lots to update on...We closed our business the end of July due to economy. Weren't sure what we were going to do, but I got a part time job, hubby got a job in South Carolina. I will stay in Florida until at least the end of the year. It is my daughters senior year and I will not take her out of school to move. My son (sophmore) and I will move to South Carolina with all the dogs. My daughter will move in with my neighbor/best friend.

Molly doing well. We still keep up with everything going on. Welcome to all the new members.

Hopefully when things get back to normal will post more.

May be leaving due to Ike, we will visit hubby if that happens.

#9 ·
Hi all!! Well Brie is now 16 months old now and is healthy and happy. Last Monday night she jumped off the bed at 9:30pm and voluntarily went into her crate and went off to sleep. We thought for sure that this was a fluke. Tuesday through last night at 9:30pm she goes into her crate and goes to sleep. We did not train her to do this. I can't get over how smart she is. She still loves the dog parks, especially the one with all the trails. Walking around home is still a chore, she pulls like crazy, but in time I think she will overcome this. We are preparing for Ike just in case.

#10 ·
Hi to everyone, i am still logging on to this site now and again but havent posted much lately. we have been away to Jamaica for our holidays and now we have just got Dan back to school and Amy is starting college tomorrow. Exciting time for her, she starts her 3 year hair and beauty course. how handy for me as i approach my 40 th !!!! she can practise on me anytime. ha ha.
well Meg is fab and as great as ever. she was a good girlie while we were away and the lady who looks after her, says she is always getting the other dogs involved in chasing games and lots of play !!. she has been there about 4 times now so is happy to go and we can enjoy our holidays without having to worry. Simon has bought this mini camper van and is in the process of soing it up . we bought it so that we can take meg away camping and clifftop walking. so we are off in a few weeks to do that. the rain here in england is real bad at the moment so weather permitting we will head for the dorset coast at the end of September. Meg was 2 at the end of July and Simons mum ( nanny ) had a dog birthday party, we played pass the bone, hide the bone, find the bone, hide the treat, obedience, fetch the ball etc, there were party bags for all and present to unwrap. meg won all the games ( her nose) and the 2 lhaso apso's were exhausted !!!

#11 ·
Hi everyone. I'm recovering from back surgery that I had on August 21. Every thing is going well, and the doctor says I'm doing great. It's still difficult to sit for too long, so I'm not able to be at the computer much. I miss everyone at Beagle World, and give a big
to the new members.

My Li'l Girl has stuck very close to me during my recovery.
I told her we're going to have to start walking soon, or we won't be able to call her Li'l Girl much longer.

#12 ·
I've been gone for a while. School has started and I'm teaching my first year of first grade. Man! I'm busy all the time!! But still, it is better than teaching music, art and PE like I did last year.

Mugsy is doing well. He got hurt the other day but is doing much better. My mom was over letting him out in the afternoon and he was playing with the neighbor dog through the fence. He jumped up and put his paws on the fence, but got one paw through it. When he went down, his paw didn't make it out in time. He started rolling around and throwing himself on the ground, screaming (you know what I mean) and crying out in pain. My mom met me at the vet, where x-rays showed he dislocated it. After some pain killers and a few days' rest, he was back to normal.

He also had his photo shoot from the 3M photo contest. It was so much fun and he was SO well-behaved! I have the proofs now and have to choose a photo to have printed and framed (part of the prize package)...but it is SOOOOO HARD to pick just one! I'll have to post some of them here when I have time. We also got the big box of 3M pet products...it was very big. We'll never run out of Fur Fighters...which are AWESOME. You wouldn't believe the junk they picked up out of our couch...yuck!

That's all!

#13 ·
Hi Everyone -- Monica and Daisy checking in for September.

We are all doing fine, just really busy!! Daisy's tick turned out to be a Lone Star Tick. It doesn't carry Lyme disease but it does carry Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
I'm glad the vet gave her a course of antibiotics!! She's positively fine. Still trying to get her to lose some weight--but Daddy's always giving her a cookie or some tidbit when I'm not looking

At least I got 8 months worth of K9 Advantix free!!

Daisy's face is getting whiter. She's about 9 now. She can still do the freagle, though. And, jump up onto the bed. Vet says that's a good sign.

She's shedding like mad. I wonder if that means something about the coming winter.

Welcome to all you new members. It's great here.
I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing pics of all the new Beags.

Hi to all of you and know that I do think of you very often

Love to all and
from Daisy

Monica and Daisy

#14 ·
Henry and I are doing great. I've been really busy working and going to school, plus keeping up with my social calendar and new love, lol! But everything's great...I'm really happy and fulfilled in all the areas of my life. I'll try to come by more frequently! I promise!

#17 ·
Hello everyone! It has been forever since I posted or even checked the site! Maggie and I have had a really busy and hectic summer! We are staying in Texas for the semester and not moving back to Missouri (doing online classes). And some bigger news, Maggie is pregnant!! She was in heat this summer and a neighborhood dog literally climbed the privacy fence (he got scared when he saw me and climbed it to get out). She should have them by Oct. 11th and I will definitely post pictures. Besides that we are doing good!!

#18 ·
Just to let you all know we are gong on holiday, so you might not hear from me until the end of October.Snoopy and Susi are coming with us of course. Off to France again, one of the most dog friendly countries in Europe.
Keep well all of you.

#19 ·
I haven't been on much because my computer crashed! My computer is home, but still not right.

Toby and Lucky are doing really well! Lucky hasn't had an accident in the house in a little while now. He even has full run of the house now! We took down the doggy gate to have the carpet cleaned and decided to test the waters! It's been almost a week and so far, so good!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Hopefully, we will be visiting BW more now!!

#20 ·
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still here. I rarely post much because I'm ridiculously busy with school.

I'm going to have to give a huge and well needed update on Banjo soon.

#22 ·
Yeah yeah! I'll get right on it
Maybe this weekend when I can take some nice pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.