Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post a reply to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine" or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley and his mommy checking in on his birthday! 1 year /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif Happy first birthday Marley! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Of course you all know Abby and I are here...I'm here waaay too much actually /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Happy Birthday Marley! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

Brandy & Caesar here...checking in!

·
Registered
582 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARLEY !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif

Vacation season! Life is good! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif
Summer is just about here in Florida. We have our first trip of the year to the Keys, planned for Memorial Day weekend. For the first time since we’ve had Sadie, she won’t be going with us. I miss her and Sparky already, but with six "adults" (I use the term loosely.) packed into a two bedroom, one bath suite, and spending allot of the time out on our not-so-big boat, two wild and crazy (but very loveable) beagles would just be too much.

So… Our babies are being boarded for the first time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
Sadie, anyhow. Sparky, being a rescue probably saw his share of kennels before coming to his forever home. We are leaving them at the same place that we took Sadie for her obedience classes when she was a puppy. This morning we went to check out their kennels, and they look great. More like a spa for dogs. Lots of extras. If you want to pay for them. We decided to put them in separate runs, across from each other, so that they can see each other, with instructions to let them out together at play time. We were a little concerned about housing them together because they tend to play rough. If someone were to get mad they wouldn’t have room to get away from each other to cool down. We’ve already decided we’ll pay for extra play time and human interaction.

Sadie is our boat hound. She’s been going with us since she was a puppy. She fell overboard once (While we were fishing in sheltered, inshore waters.) and has thrown up on the deck, 40 miles out in the Gulf Stream. (We would have taken her back to shore if she had continued to be seasick instead of curling up in the cabin and going to sleep.) She's a real trooper. She gets all excited when she figures out we're going, and just loves the fresh air and all the interesting smells. It will be strange to not have her along, but it wouldn’t seem fair to leave Spark here by himself.

We are however, taking them out tomorrow, here at home. This will be Sparky’s second boat ride. He seemed to enjoy the first, and hopefully, pretty soon he’ll be a good sailor too. (We’ll take pictures.)

In the fall, we hope to rent a house in the Keys for two weeks. (Something to do with celebrating some old guy turning 50.) We couldn’t possibly be away from the kids for that long. So, they will be with us then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

Meanwhile, if everyone survives them being boarded for the upcoming long weekend, (man and beast) it does give us a little flexibility.

·
Registered
702 Posts
This is Monica and Daisy checking in!

There really hasn't been much going on here. I've got to make an appt. for Daisy to get her wellness exam and shots. She seems to be doing fine except for getting too fat over the winter. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif I've got her back on her slim-down regimen: no treats except at bedtime, and a half a cup of Wellness morning and evening. I hope it works!! For that matter, I hope I survive it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif She sure can find ANYTHING to eat even when I think I've got everything hidden or locked away /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif

I hope everyone is fine, although Marco's situation really made me cry.

It seems that I never get too much time to reply to all the posts I want to. Hubby can be a handful occasionally /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARLEY!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yes.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Since I've become an empty-nester, this past year has been VERY busy.....I thought this was supposed to be the 'quiet' time in my life!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif

My posts have been sporadic at best, with working four days/week in my dental office and doing several shows/month with Dog E. Dazzle Petware. In addition, I help Ed with his retirement business....which keeps us hopping also.

Maggie turned three in January and has become quite a lady. She is full of life, but seems to use her better judgement more often, which makes her mom's life less stressful. Cal, my honorary beagle is the perfect boy; so laid back, so loving, and so happy all the time. He loves his lil' sis and lets her rule the roost COMPLETELY. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif They have made my life wonderful, and the transition to empty nest has been so easy because of them.

Ed and I are planning to stick close to home this summer, with fuel prices being what they are......so maybe I'll get to check in more often. Just wanted you to know I think about Beagle World even though I'm not here much during my busy show seasons.

The pictures below are not new, but I'm posting them again just to introduce my babies to those who don't know them yet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maggie and I are here and doing good! The end of the semester is almost here and then we are headed back to Texas for the summer! Thank God, we can't wait for some heat! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts
We are still here too, although it hasn't been a great start to the month. Bonnie was going down the steps to go out and she yelped and then couldn't walk on her back hind leg. Our vet thinks she has torn a ligament in her knee, so this coming Friday we have to take her to another vets about 50 miles away for a consultation and x-rays. I was unhappy that we have to wait so long for an appointment, but this vet apparently only does orthapedic operations and has a wonderful reputation. We are carrying Bonnie outside all the time, she seems okay in herself it's just that she can't put any weight on her leg. Can't wait for Friday to get her sorted out!!! Hopefully, she'll be back to her self shortly. Will let you know how we get on, fingers crossed!
Maggie and Bonnie

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Julie and Sammy here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif

Life has been very very busy for me. work, work and more work...I do check in to read but haven't posted much at all since the new year....I love reading and keeping up and I promise I will try to be better about getting here more often ....

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
We're here! Happy Birthday May babies.
I seem to be doing a lot of overtime, so am always too tired to get on the home computer. I have a few spare minutes today at work, so. . . .
Glad to see/hear from everyone, hope you all have a great summer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We're here too! It's been a very busy month so far. School ends on the 27th for us, so I'm really excited.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Terri and Sadie the Super Beagle checking in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif
I've been reading mostly as of late since everything seems to be running so fast around here. With baseball season and work so much, it's all I can do to catch my breath! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi everyone!

Long time no posts. Baxter and his brothers are doing great. Baxter is filling out so nice. He is SOLID muscle. He is crazy as ever as well. He has been doing great with the whole "I wanna chew and eat everything" phase which is a blessing haha. Other than that weather is getting nice sooooo more dog park which means new pics shall be coming soon! I hope everyone is doing well!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry and I have survived finals, dogsitting, and company! As usual, Henry was a superb snuggle-bunny, generous host, and springy running buddy. He also visited my kids at work and gave them some thrills, lol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey All! Happy Mom's Day to all our beag Moms! Heaven knows, you have many challenges from the beagsters! Hope you are all well. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Anchorage, Alaska. Thelma, Louise,Heidi,and Natalie say Hi!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi everybody!

Well, as Sandyj so kindly posted a couple months ago, I've been in Alabama since January, and just returned on Tuesday night. My Mother went into the hospital on Jan. 11 with a broken leg, was diagnosed with cancer that had matastesized (sp?) into her bones, went into intensive care on Jan. 23, and unfortunately never recovered. We lost her on Mar. 16. Mother was a widow, and I am an only child, so there were a lot of details for me to take care of.
In fact, my hubby and I were down in Alabama for so long, we bought a house!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif We're gonna be snowbirds, and will be going down after Christmas and returning around the end of May. But more about that later.
Anyway, it is so good to be back with Beagle World! I am astounded at all the changes--they look fantastic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif I'll be looking forward to checking them out soon. So far this week I've been trying to get my house back in shape and spending time with Shiloh--wow did I miss my girl! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif But things are slowly getting back to normal, so I should have time for more visits to Beagle World soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome back home, Genie! We missed you and I am sure I can speak for our BW members that we all are so sorry for your loss. My Mom passed away two years ago, also a widow, and it is hard losing your second parent. Looking forward to hearing about your new home!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
P.S. By the way: it's late buy---HOORAY FOR UNO, THE NUMBER ONE BEAGLE!!!:)
And welcome to all the folks who joined while I was gone. Looking forward to getting to know you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts