Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi,

I've been a BW member for several years now but for technical issues with my computer beyond my control, have not been very active.

My name is Denise and we have two beagles.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Henry</span> was rounded up off of the streets in New Iberia Parish in Louisiana after Katrina and Rita hit. I spied his picture on the internet on the night before he was to be PTS. He came up to Virginia by transport scared and sick. He almost died from heartworms but thanks to Virginia Tech, he pulled through with the help of a not-often used procedure. He is now fat and loved but still has alot of ghosts that come back to haunt him. Henry is the dog in my avatar. And he is my special little boy.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Yodel</span> is a beagle, maybe a beagle mix. His mix is open for discussion; either dachsund or bassett. He was brought up by transport by the rescuer who hooked me up with Henry; he is from Houma, La. He is the complete opposite of Henry and the one with the most beagle traits. He is a walking nose, has no fear and plays non-stop with my 10 year old son. He makes a funny half-barking, half-yodeling sound when his nose hits a fresh scent in the yard. And he is very affectionate.

Yodel stories abound around here.

When I can get my Adobe Photo Album somehow loaded onto our new computer and figure everything else out, I'll send photos.

I'm glad that so many people joined BW...meaning that many beagles have good homes. (I always think in rescuer terms...sorry)

~Denise

·
Registered
605 Posts
Been very busy myself with work and my Henry, who is a beagle/shepherd mix. He's a pound puppy who is such a special guy. Hope everyone's well!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Melissa!

I remember you and your Henry. There's just something about those Henry's, isn't there?

Glad you all are well!

~Denise

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Everybody!

I'm still here even though I don't post too much anymore. Daisy and I are just fine. I've had her on a diet and she's looking pretty good. I give her half her food and half green beans and carrots for her two meals a day. It's seems to be working.

Nice to hear from you, Denise!

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Where the heck have I been?!
Um, here? *she says sheepishly* Emma is doing just fine. She is getting a bit gray, but still runs like a mad woman. She had gained a bit of weight too (thanks to Grandma), but is slimming down now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
JUDY! This is a test

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey, guys! Sorry it's been so long, but I've been VERY busy...our dial-up is slower than molasses and I have about five different message boards to check every morning. Since I've been training on my bicycle early every morning (to beat the heat) and the phone line has to be freed up by 8 AM...well, I've barely even been checking my e-mail for the past six weeks.

Menolly is doing fine, getting a little mellower all the time. She's such a sweetheart with everyone she meets, even though company still puts her on an insane high. She's in love with my sisters' boyfriend and it's making my sister jealous, LOL! Unfortunately I haven't been walking her as much as I should, becuase the heat is getting into the triple digits now. I'm considering attaching lights to me and her and her collar and walking her at night. What I wish is that I could take her along on some of my long bike trips. She'd go nuts at some of the places I've been going; parks, riverbeds, the foothills of our local mountains... Eventually I want to get a child's bicycle trailer so I can do just that...after teaching her not to eat the safety harness!

Our housing sitation is again looking better. It's looking good that my parents will be able to buy a house of their own again. If they do, they said the next move they'll be making is to the retirement home. WE've al had it with moving; the only other move I want to make is into my own place, though a job still eludes me. I've put out close to 100 aps now, with none of them showing the least bit of promise.

I'll try and check in more often, but I can't make any promises. At the moment I'm still recovering from a bad case of food poisoning. :p Miss you guys!

-Carrie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.