Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi, this is Tucker's Dad (Steven). I haven't posted since I originaly registered a long time ago, but I do read the posts most days. The biggest reason for not posting is I lost my password. Yes that is a lousy reason, but I did find it today. Now when I read something and I think, WoW, I have something I could add to thread, but I don't know my password, I can actually reply.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well i was goin to check in and put a photo of on of Meg taken yesterday. so i followed the now easy steps but it say's my photo is too big ?? i cant see why, loads of the photos on here are big ?? anyway, i thought, no problem, i will re size it and then attach, but AAArrgghhh, it wont let me ?? so, i am just thick, coz i cant see how to re size it while i am trying to attach it ??????????. so now im fed up !! LOL do i have to go somewhere first to re size, then attach ??

from a v frustrated meg's mum

advice awaited !! eagerly

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Hi everyone, welcome new members. Kip, Murphy and I are still here. We've started hiking the local state parks, so we're getting into shape.
We're getting ready for our vacation, Smitty and I are taking 2 weeks and going to Arizona and California. A friend of ours is staying at our place and taking care of all the kids.

Everyone have a good summer.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We're here! Caesar is doing great after his knee surgery two months ago. No limp! But we're not pushing him either. On the 22nd of this month I've registered the two of us for a fundraising 2.5km walk in support of the Edmonton Humane Society. If I don't think he's ready I'll borrow my sisters dog for the day. I can't take our other dog Emma out with that many dogs and people around. She's not ready for that yet. So right now Caesar is in training.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi everyone!
Ron, Brie and I are plugging along. Brie celebrated her 1st Birthday on May 28. Ron is coming to the end of another school year and this year he will not be teaching summer school so we have him for almost 2 months. I was just going to say that Brie doesn't seem to be stealing things as much as she used to, but I just looked up and she is on her way downstairs with one of Ron's brand new sneakers!!! I had better sign off for now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe summer!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi from me and Daisy

We're still here.
It's now been a whole year since Butch came home and things are going well. I now feel much more in control and not so afraid of him gettig sick.

Daisy and I had a whole day outside today. My sister and her husband came over to weed my flower beds and outline my biggest bed with timbers. I'm always happier when my yard is in order and there are flowers all around

A big welcome to all our new members!!

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi There! My husband, kids and I are now the happy owner of an 11 month old Beagle named Copper! He is soooo much fun, and we are definately in the honeymoon stage of thinking everything he does is cute and hilarious! He is not completely housebroken, so any advice in that department would be helpful. Yesterday he was out in the yard with us all afternoon, then an hour after coming back in the house he peed on the kitchen floor, so I just dont get it. Also, any help on teaching him commands until we can get him started in Obedience classes would be helpful too. I will put a picture of him up soon. He is adorable. I enjoy reading everyone's posts, and am learning so much.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A big BW
to Cooper! There have been some recent threads about potty training and obedience training so you might take a look in the discussion forum. Also, when you get a chance, you might want to post (with those pictures, preferably
)in the introduction forum so more folks will get a chance to welcome Cooper.

·
Registered
959 Posts
HI, all, Cathy J here. Just checking in, Cobi says yahooooooo.....
He misses his brother dearly these days, and we are looking for a baby brother. We all miss Chipper a lot, gosh he was a great pal.
I've got to learn how to down load pics, you all have such cute pals, our furbabies should meet.

Cathy J

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Bonnie!!
Welcome to you and Copper. I bet he is adorable, and can't wait to see pictures of him. My Shiloh is 11 (12 this month!) so I don't remember a whole lot about puppy training. But I always recommend a book that helped me a lot. It's called Puppy Preschool by John Ross.
You might want to post a separate thread in the Introduction section, just so more people can meet you and Copper. But here in the Discussion section is fine too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lucy and Flora say hi! They might be middle aged+, but they can get into as much trouble as ever. Any decreased energy is more than made up for with the additional experience and cunning. They still think they should outrank the children in the pack order, but that is slowly getting better.

They are glad that the days are warmer, but the nights still cool enough to cuddle under the covers.

I don't get to read or post as much as I want, but I try to stop by a couple times a week.

Sylvia

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm here, just kind of hanging back and reading the posts. I've been somewhat moody lately so I haven't been posting as much. Still without my Sadie too. Don't know how long it will be before I am able to get her back. I worry about it a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Charlie and I are still here!
Just got down on my knees and mop the floor. Charlie peed in the kitchen area by the patio door, and I didn't notice until now. It dried up and sting up the air. Of course I got mad!
I sprayed some vinegar/water in that area hoping he won't go back again. He seems to like peeing in that area when he can't go out in the middle of the night. Otherwise he'll ring those bells on the patio door.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thelma, Louise, Natalie and Heidi & Beth checking in!! Beth's fx. arm is much improved. She can actually type now!! No surgery for rotator cuff needed. Back to work 3 days a week/4 hrs. a day. Beag ladies are getting along just fine. They have been a GodSend snuggling up to me when I'm in pain or depressed. They also have kept me moving. Feeding, going outside, watching them play, laughing at their antics have really helped me recover the last 3 months. Also, getting the two southern ladies from AL when I was home from work full time helped them to adjust.
I really have missed yapping back & forth. Reading posts have been a big help to me also. The Alaska girls and the Alabama girls all bey hello to all of you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sandy checking in. Its been a while since I posted too! I have been fairly busy between work, plus I just adopted a new beagle boy named Jack a little over a week ago. When I get time to load his pics into photobucket I will be posting them!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Melissa and Henry checking in.I've been busy working 40 hours a week at summer camp! Henry's just as spunky as ever, though he's having to adjust to the heat. On the 30th he, my mom, my godmother, and myself are going up to the lake for a little R&R. He loves to paddle in the creek, so I'm sure he'll have a blast.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Boulder Beagles checking in and saying HI to all the new members and their Beagles. Have been pretty much on auto pilot the last two months. Turned 65 in April and was diagnosed with breast cancer two days later. Talk about a kick in the stomach! Two operations later here I am. Do not start radiation until mid July so figured this is my chance to check in with BW while I am not totally exhausted. Shasta, Austin and Megan have been the best therapy I could ask for. They have stuck with me like velcro and even when I could not walk them, there was no real complains. I love my little darlings! Anyway, the future outlook is good - caught early and not large. Ladies, get your mamograms!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My god Kathleen, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. But, hopefully catching it early is probably the best. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. It's great to have our pups for comfort.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts