Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm still here. Life goes on without Luigi n Lola. We do have something to fill that gap in our heart though. We got a kitten named Pixie. If you recall, I've always said I'm a cat person. Well I love the little lady.
I do however miss my beags. Someday we'll get another one, and that one will be with us for life. I'll post a pic of my little gray n white kitty in the other pets area some time soon.

Just letting everyone know we're doing ok.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yay for July!

Sad news for the puppies: we will have to separate them in the next month or so. I didn't get the job I applied for down here, near Evan, so I will be staying up in Central California. As soon as I get my own place up there, I'll be moving Quinn in with me. I know it will take a few days for them to get used to it, but I know that our puppies will take that opportunity to bond closer to us.
They'll be okay, and they will still get the chance to see and play with each other whenever Evan comes to visit home.

They're doing great, otherwise. They took a 7 hour drive like champs! Only one accident, but that was definitely my fault because I ignored the whining in the crate. It's tough when you're on the road late at night! I think we made three stops the whole drive. The puppies do so well in the car!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Miss Shiloh and I are still here. For newcomers, an explanation: Shiloh was diagnosed with bladder cancer in Dec. It is an inoperable tumor, and since she was 12 and a half at the time I wouldn't have put her through that anyway. She is on Peroxicam, which we'd hoped would shrink the tumor, or at least stop it from growing. And it did, for a while. The vet said she could have anywhere from a few weeks to a year. It's been 7 months, and I've been so thankful for this time with my girl. But I'm afraid that time is running out now. The vet is fairly certain that the tumor has begun growing, and is perhaps even growing into her urethra, which would be very bad. We are taking things one day at a time, though. And for today she seems happy, eating well, enjoying car rides, rolls in the grass, and tracking stray cats who have the audacity to enter her yard. I have tough decisions ahead, I know, but for now, she's hanging in!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hello all-
Just wanted to stop in for a minute or two – haven’t been in much and am going out of town to a baseball game later this evening so won’t be on then either. We have had a bit of a breakthrough at the Beaglebratz’s house – I think I told you of the pet bunny living next door and how they had moved it outside. Well, made me feel really bad for Shiloh B. since he wasn’t able to enjoy his own fenced backyard – he had to be on leash at all times or he would be over by the fence trying to get out to get to the bunny – plus all the barking, baying – just a good overall stressful situation for him and me. Well, finally mama Kim got so frustrated (no, there was no physical punishment to Shiloh) just some good old training and using a lot of positive reinforcement – Mr. Shiloh B. is now bak to enjoying his yard again on his terms (for the most part) and at his pace. More on this later. Getting ready to leave work – more sometime.

Oh Genie - sending prayers and good wishes for Miss Shiloh and you,
too

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry and I are still around. I have been super busy gearing up for the next semester at UT, and I also started a new job about a month ago, as a leasing consultant at some luxury apartments. I love it and the people I work with are awesome! Henry has enjoyed plenty of company this summer: boyfriend's swim team kiddies, my godmother, and my best friend, who was on leave before being stationed in Germany. The weather here has been gorgeous and I just haven't been inside long enough to get online lol! But y'all and your beags are always in my thoughts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts