Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Hi all!

Just a note to let everyone know that Maggie, Cal and myself are doing well!

Maggie is enjoying the crops of new bunnies that play behind the house every day (her little body just quivers with excitement). Cal's favorite past time is to bark like mad at the doe and her two fawns which visit our yard (USUALLY at three or four in the morning; many nights of fractured sleep, as Calvin proudly rids the area of all 'intruders') Our garden is growing well, and I spend a lot of evenings being outside after work....thus absent from my dear friends on BW....PLEASE forgive me!
I also begin a new summer class on July 8th, so no rest for the weary. Just know that we are well and thinking about all of you!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Still looking for our new baby....waiting for the Manitoba beagle babies to be assigned healthy status and when they are able to come to the US. I LOVE hearing from you all, and seeing your pups pictures. Thanks for letting Cobi and I come to your homes.

Cathy J
I've been flagged.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry and I are healthy, happy, and blessed. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All,

Molly, my husband and I are all doing well. I am getting ready for summer language classes (four hours a day) which will be Molly's frist real test of being alone (so far it has just been when I have errands) so hopefully that will go well. At least it isn't too long and she will probably sleep the whole time anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
We are all happy and healthy too! We hope to be able to take Phoebe and Jazzy to the beach for a long weekend sometime this month(Ted will stay with a friend as he gets car sick
poor guy).

·
Registered
667 Posts
Things are going great here in Cali!

Snoopy and Marbles are doing awesome, but since we work over July 4th they are in doggie daycare, but Im glad b/c they wont be alone with the fireworks...Snoopy always runs in the corner and shakes...so sad!!

Thanks to fellow Beagleworlder, Li'l Maggie, ie Gale, she hooked me up with someone in Huntington Beach here in Cali that does Beaglefest and that lady, Deb, gave me so much information about animal rescue that Im drounded in all the rescue stuff, I cant keep up

...but Ill start working with Animal Disaster rescue and with the SPCA and Humane Society soon. I have a ton of classes to take but Im so excited.

Manda, Snoopy, Marbles

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, folks! I thought this was a good way to post an update re my Maggie. The good news is that Maggie is not in any pain at the present time and seems oblivious to her decline. The bad news is that she has started to exhibit signs of dementia (or cognitive dysfunction, CDS). The vet and I have discussed trying her on Anipryl -- a drug originally used to treat Cushings in dogs (but no longer the preferred treatment for Cushings) and now used to treat CDS. He has used it before with good success, particularly when started as symptoms start to show. Maggie's neurological changes are most likely primarily caused by the liver failure but expect there is also some due to her age. Among other things, the liver failure causes an inability to process toxins normally produced in the body and ammonia is the worst culprit for the neurological changes. She has started to have seizures, fortunately not frequently. Since Anipryl cannot be given concurrently with Prozac, I am weaning her off the Prozac -- then we have to wait two weeks to start the Anipryl. My vet and I continue to have quality of life discussions and we have agreed that it is not time yet. I am back to cooking ground beef (with some chicken livers mixed in)for her and, at least today, she is enjoying it! If any members have any experience with Anipryl for CDS, please PM me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty and Me, Checking in! Everything here in Winnipeg is going great. In the past couple months Monty has joined a medium sized dog group that meets every wednesday for a romp around one of the dog parks. I've started rollerblading, and he runs along side me. we go for about half an hour after work, and i think it's a much better work out for him then a walk, though he loves his walks too! This summer he'll be spending 2 weeks with my sister and her 3 kids while we head out to BC for holidays. Other then that, things are a-ok!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey guys. Just checking in. I'm still here. Things are going well for me I'm just very busy working 18 hour shift. I'll be back soon. I really wish I had more time to talk to y'all but lately I've only had time to read the newest stories. There was no time to reply. Anyways, happy 4th of July to all of you.

Charline

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all,
checking in for July.
Sadie is still living with friends but we got to spend a whole day with her last week. It was lots of fun. I won't be around much as we are experiencing great difficulties at the moment.
I miss reading the posts. I will be in and out when I can.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hello Everyone!
Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I got laid off two weeks ago and have been taking a vacation from the computer. But I've had lots of time to spend with my dogs. We're all good!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry Brandy.... I hope you find something soon. On the other hand, I would love to spend two weeks with Chloe - lots of work with her

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Everyone! This is Beth, Thelma, Louise, Natalie and Heidi checking in for July. We are fine. All the girls are up here on the sofa with me. Latest is: Louise & Heidi got into a fight over a marrow bone. Mommy put her hand between them (DUH)to stop the fighting, and she got bit! Right over my radial artery region. I was very fortunate it wasn't lacerated! Anyway, after Mommy went to ER and got tetanus and Antibiotics, Louise went to HER ER and got checked out. Heidi got her pretty good under the eye. She was OK and did not require stitches or meds.Someday I'll get around to sending some px. Just trying to get back into a normal routine after the big arm break. Hope you are all fine. I so miss regular reading and posting.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Checking in from San Diego. Been really busy w/ work
. We are also househunting which is stressfull. I just want my dream kitchen, a nice size yard for Mizu and of course my beau has to have his 3-4 car garage. Ahhhh
As for Mizu he is doing pretty good. He has calmed down alot since a year ago. He no longer needs to be crated during the night. Still working on daytime though. Kinda nervous about what he will get himself into during the day while we are at work. So we are working on that..

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi, everyone. WE are still here. Cobi and I. That sounds so lonely. We are missing Chipper very much lately, I think it's the idea of looking for a new pup, and not finding one. But there is a beagle out there with my name on his collar and we will find each other. Anyone know of one, close to SD and not too expensive, please share with me.

Cathy J

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not posted in a while. Linus is doing good. He's 6 months old now and HUGE! We just got back in town after a week and a co-worker watched him. Amazing how much I miss'd my buddy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts