Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Here working on the site, Yes I'm working on New Years Day as well as was working through New Years Eve. Same as Christmas too, LOL.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We are off to Italy for a week, so wont be writing until we get back.
Hope 2009 is a good one for you all, and Dave, you should fit in a rest day now and again. Thanks for all your effort.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I understand totally what you are saying Dave. BH and I are the only 2 employees of our company. Usually it is feast or famine. You work when the work is there and then work to get work when it isn't. 6 days a week are common and 7 are not unheard of. I was closing the books yesterday and last night up till 7pm and BH was downstairs working on something way beyond my paygrade. An hour later the power went out till 3:30 this morning. That was a first for New Years Eve! But we are our own boss. We will never be rich but I think we will die happy. By the way, what happen to the countdown banner?

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
I took it off. We will be finishing the last of the additives for the site very soon. At the moment were working on re-writing the software to not display the img box in the full reply screen as we no longer allow the tag use and users cant figure that out as of yet and STILL try to use off site image hosting.

I really wish people would read the stuff I post relating to these things. Seeing that kind of makes me wish I never started this place, you know, being ignored frequently. Oh well makes even MORE work for me cus people don't READ the announcements.

·
Registered
991 Posts
In the spirit of fresh starts, clean slates, etc., it probably would not hurt anyone using BW to take a few minutes to just sit down and re-read the BW TOS. We have got a one of a kind site and gathering place here and I for one do not want to lose it! I have read it more than once and can now see there is a reason for all the statements. You might learn something, I know I did!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Also, please donate if you can, nobody expects those without cash to donate, but this is a unique forum.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry and I are well and I'm getting ready to go back to school for Spring semester. Good bye blessed winter break...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Everyone, as I write this we(our pack) are all healthy. Katie's eyesight has returned- still on eyedrops but she can see. Gracie has been to the vet for a suspected slipped disc- but is back to her oldself. Wednesday is great- and I am crossing my fingers hoping I am not jinxing her.

John and I are beginning to plan our cruise/tour of Alaska. I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
As we begin 2009, our family has just returned from 1 1/2 weeks of visiting family in Ga. for the holidays. We all had a wonderful time, but we are glad to back home!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ernie, me and the pooches are doing well. Just changed their collars back to the non-holiday versions.
I miss Bailey's elf collar already. But it was falling apart, since Ruby would pull at it every day!

We still haven't decided whether to permanently adopt Bailey. I got an email from my rescue contact, who had a possible good application, so we'll see. It's decision time....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hope everybody had a good holiday season.
It’s been kinda quiet around here since Sparky’s been gone. It looks like he was adopted again after being back with Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue for only a month. (Early December.) It’s great that they found him a home so quickly!
I still miss the little P.I.T.A. and hope most of his troubles will be resolved by the change.

Our sweet baby Sadie went in for her annual stuff, about a week ago. Everything looks good, except Daddy got scolded for her weight, (again) and they wanted to talk about surgery on her knees. (again)

If it weren’t for the added expense in these insecure times, I’d like to bring a male, beagle puppy into the pack. Raising Sadie from just-weaned-age, was a magical experience… I wonder if she’d be motherly towards it… Her reaction to the baby chicks I brought home last year, was to lick them!
Maybe some day…

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Hope everyone had a delightful Christmas and New Year's. We had all our family over and I really enjoyed it.

We are all doing well. I can't believe Daisy is 9 1/2 years old already! We got her when she was 5 1/2. Four years sure went by fast.

I had a lot of trouble with my right ankle for about 6 weeks -- could barely walk! All I could do was limp and Hurt for short trips in the house. But somehow it feels just like it never happened! Arthritis is a very weird thing.

It's snowing right now and more is predicted for overnight and most of the day tomorrow. So far, we have about six inches. Daisy's out there right now. I love to watch her blaze her trails through the snow!

A big welcome to all our new members. I know you'll all enjoy it here and get lots of really good advice.

Hello to all the rest of our group! I do read the posts to keep up with you and all our precious Beags. Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

Take care, everyone,
Monica and Daisy:)

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Shiloh and I are in Alabama, where we seem to have brought the coldest weather they've had in years!!

Shiloh is doing pretty well, so far. Her cancer med makes her a little pukey some days, and she sleeps a lot. But on good days she's active and happy, and seems to be enjoying her new home. I'm just praying that the medication will buy me lots more time with her. Thank you all for your continued prayers and concern.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi everyone, 2009 started out well as I took a girls only trip to puerta plata D.R. on the fourth of January and had a great time but worried about and missed my beagle as much or probably more than my husband and son!She missed me to and was so glad to see me,probably more than my husband and son.haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.