Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
hellloooooo i'm still here tyes growing fast and being a typical puppy into everything and barkin like mad and bein stuborn because he cant get his own way lol he's learning!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Everyone! Monty and I are doing good up here in Winnipeg. It's getting alot colder and more snow dumping on us every day, which means we don't get out for as many walks as we do in the summer. Good news is that there's a Meet-Up group here that rents out one of the arena's twice a month so he can go run around in there with his friends!
Everyone is healthy, though i think Monty is packing on the extra pounds to keep him warm!

Hope everyone else is doing well

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry and I are still here. I have been so busy lately with full time college and a full time job that I can't even see straight. But Henry still has a great life. Winter's coming here in Knoxville but it doesn't slow us down, thank goodness. Lots of weekend hiking trips, our usual daily walks or jogs, and during the week Henry usually has at least one playdate. Popular guy, he he.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Still without a computer at home, sometimes I really like it that way! I'm starting to think about getting a dog, but no decisions yet. Will keep you updated. Enjoy the holidays. Peggy

·
Registered
890 Posts
I am in Salt Lake now for my new job. Our house hasn't sold so the wife and Tucker are still back in Washington. I won't see them for 3 weeks and then I get to visit for a week at Christmas. Then it's back to work. I sure hope our house sells soon cause I miss Tucker (the wife too).

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Steven if you need a beagle fix, you are welcome to come visit your new neighbors. We are in Sandy. Maya, Tate and Sam (honorary Beagle) love visitors.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We're doing good here, not enough snow though, I just can't get into the Christmas spirit without snow. We're still working on getting Caesar's weight down but he's a sneaky guy and finds things to eat. We're thinking about getting a treadmill and teaching him to walk on it. That way when it's -30 degrees here he can still get his exercise.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello to everyone from the UK. just checking in with news............at last we have beagle no 2 !!!! yes we finally took the plunge and rescued Ollie from 'many tears' rescue in Wales. Ollie or Nigel as they had named him temporarily was found wandering around wales and taken in by the dog warden. He had 7 days before being put to sleep. He was taken by many tears on day 6 and they are a strict no kill shleter. he was put on their web site on wednesday last week, we saw him on there the same day, spoke to them and reserved him on thursday. he was micro chipped, vaccinated and castrated on friday. we had the home check on friday night and picked him up on saturday.
what can i say.... he is the most well bred, well mannered, polite, calm regal gentleman you could ever wish to meet. he is guestimated at about 4 and half years old. he has more manners than meg and makes her look like a right nightmare !! lol, well, she is a 100 miles an hour meg !!!
he is completly house trained, he sleeps for england, he doesnt beg at the table, pounce on the dishwasher, rummage in the bins, steal socks or anything . !! unlike his sister !!, he walks to heal, he doesnt scavage along the hedges for food, or try to roll in poo either !!
we cannot believe it. he has slotted right in with our family. meg is fine with him, but didnt seem to want to be too close with him, but last night for the first time, when he got in her basket with her, she didnt get out, so it was a move in the right direction. she still sleeps with us as top dog and ollie has been allowed to go into Amy's room so he has his own special place as well. walking them is better as he slows her down and she speeds him up. sometimes it is like a moving game of twister as someone once said on here but on the whole, off i go with 2 leads in one hand. unbeleivable !! we love him already, its like he has always been here.
however........... he is a houdini as he can open doors, oh yes and rusty old latches on side gates as well!!! we lost hm once but thank god we got him back. so we have to watch that side of him, but other than that, its perfect.
we know that someone somewhere must have loved him very much and spent time with him as he sits, gives paw, lies down, and does everything you ask him to, whereas meg just looks at you as if to say na, i aint doing that !! , so its very sad that he was found all alone. he may well have just got out and got lost but he wasnt micro chipped or neutred so i just dont know and we never will. sometimes he looks so sad, i wonder what he has been through.?? but hey ho, dogs live in the now ( according to cesar milan ) so we will just have to move forward and hope that he will grow to love us just as much.
anyway wanted to tell you all about him. i cant add pictures as i am so thick!! but if any of you guys have facebook, please find me on there and add me as a freind and you can see all the pics of ollie and meg. My full name is Toni McFall. anyway i will keep you updated on ollie and see you all soon x

·
Registered
890 Posts
I may have to take you up on that offer Donna. Right now I am swamped with work. I am trying to hire a new auditor and my desk is stacked with files that I have no time to review. I am also going to my parents house in Springville on the weekends, but I will be contacting you for a beagle fix.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We're doing well in Raleigh, NC. We're looking at buying a new house with a big, new fenced in yard but with the economy the way it is I'm afraid to commit to a bigger mortgage! Squeegee is 5 months old now, still learning how to be a good boy. He's having less and less accidents inside and has learned the cutest trick that he now does for you anytime he wants something. We call it beg, he picks up his front paws while still seated. Still has yeast infections in both ears, he has for about 1 1/2 months now. We've tried 3 different meds with no results. I'm taking him to another vet tomorrow for a 2nd opinion. Hope everyone is doing great!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just finishing up college over here. I got one more project to do and it's due on Wednesday. Then I graduate on December 13th with a BS in Mechanical Engineer degree. Dixie is doing good, and we are getting by! LOL

In the Job hunt mode and hoping to get a offer from someone soon as I will be done with college soon.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky and I have been very busy. I started a new job in October so I have been busy with that. I have not had any time to get on here. I miss everyone and I will try to catch up soon. I just noticed that my sweet Lucky is October of the new BW calendar so we are ordering ours today!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
That is a lovely story about Ollie, Megs mum. Thank you for rescuing him

·
Registered
448 Posts
Lots going on here in Iowa too!
Just graduated with an AA and my RN degree in November. Settling in to just working, not having to go to school 4 days a week too!
Little Betty is still unsure of the snow-but once she gets outside she starts bounding and bouncing like Tigger!! lol.
I am waiting to take my state RN boards soon, hopefully before Xmas.
Have had a somewhat sad December so far however, my grandpa passed just last weekend. He was quite old however and had many health issues, but still any passing is difficult.
Well--glad to stop in here and see some friends---

Judi, Harley, and Betty Boop

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mugsy and I are good. He's very excited about Christmas. Actually, the decorations mostly. He's been chewing on our tree like crazy.
Silly dog. His picture is up on the 3M website now...thanks to those of you who voted! 3M Site
He's not biting so much anymore...just when he plays. Things have gotten a lot less hectic with him, but school has been crazy, so I haven't made it on here much. Nice to stop by and say hi though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My pack is still at home. I'm into the second to last week in AZ before the break, and as much as I want to see my beagles again, I'm having so much fun here. I've done absolutely no work this weekend, but that's okay. Yesterday night, adventured all around the huge street near campus to take pictures with all my Honors friends. (Festival of Lights going) We all went out in formal attire, complete with, in some cases, fancy hats and sweater vests.

In the process, I now have a topic for my paper. Totally stuck before now. I just knew that slacking off was exactly what I needed to do. Yay guidance of God. :O

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi !!! Julie and Sammy here !!! It has been eons since I have been on regularly. We are doing well and Sammy is approaching the big 12.

I saw Maggie on my calendar this week when I got back to work and had to come check in !!!

Wishing you happy holidays and a happy healthy 2009 from Sammy and me !!!

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I'm still around. Meg is 7 and Darwin is 6-1/2.

Meg is doing a limpy thing on her right back leg the past two weeks but it hasn't prevented her from stampeding into the kitchen for cookies.

Darwin is just as busy as ever keeping the Royal Hunting Grounds free from evil and things that go bump or crunch in the night... or in the morning, or midmorning, or noon, or afternoon, or evening... just not enough time in the day to check check check and recheck the Grounds to ensure it is safe for the whole crew. But he gives it a whirl, bless his little cotton socks!

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still fostering Bailey. No takers. He;s settling in more, and we're getting attached, so the chances of us keeping him are going up...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts