Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! We suspect that we have a good number of BW members who read the messages regularly but who do not post very often. Maybe that is because their lives are too hectic or maybe they do not feel very comfortable about posting new topics or answers to other members' questions.

It is perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while but, when we do not hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their pack is doing.

Checking in is a topic that we start on the first of each month where BW members can post to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say Hi! We are still here and we are doing fine or you may want to tell us more...either way we would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just dropped by the site for the first time in about 3 weeks. Finally just got done reading everything
Zoey is doing excellant. She becoming quite the master at her trade and shes finally developed her voice she'll us everytime she sniffs out a bunny. Most important thing is shes finally housebroken

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well, a big AWOOOOOOOOO from cobi in SD....it's been very hot here, and storms every night, which he hates and shivered through the last one. We had Class I and II hurricane winds, and we are miles from any major waters. Anyway, Cobi continues to look for a little bro' may have found one at a basset show....waiting to hear on him. More about him later. So count Cobi and Ms Cathy here.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around, summer is my busy season, I make jewelry and I take part in a whole bunch of exhibitions, so not much time for anything else....but I really enjoy it.
Hope everyone and their doggies are doing OK.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I still do not have a computer, but wanted to check in.
Shelby the Lab died in May, quite suddenly. We were treating her for Cushings and she seemed to be doing well. Then something went wrong. She threw up one night and was running a fever. X-rays were not really helpful, they thought her spleen was enlarged. Ultrasound seemed to show the same thing. She went in for a speenectomy and they called to let me know that it was actually liver cancer. They couldn't stop her from bleeding but managed to keep her alive until I got there. In a matter of days we went from old dog, slowing down some to cancer with no hope.
Sorry, that was a very depressing story. I miss her a lot, but I am sure she is at the bridge, arguing with Annie over who gets to sit on what couch.
Hope everyone else is doing well. I will try to check in more often.
Peggy

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Hi everyone!!

I love checking in now and then for updates on the beagles I know best here on the site.

I'm still living the same crazy life with my dental office job, my petware business and school. Maggie and Calvin are doing well; we are adding a new 'sister' next week.....so I hope things go well....she's a tiny little kitten (no name yet) who is still with her mama.

I haven't owned a cat since my other two died about 8 years ago, so I have no experience introducing a kitten to two dogs. I'll take it slow, and referee the interaction in the early weeks. I have faith that my two dogs will accept the newest family member.

I will post photos when I can.....

P.S. Those of you with sick or ailing dogs, just wanted you to know, you're in my prayers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Everybody!!

I'm still here along with Daisy. I do manage to post once in a while, but sometimes I don't even get a chance to get on the computer for a couple of days at a time.

Daisy seems to be fine even though bitten by the tick. Still waiting to find out what kind of tick it was. I am getting 8 months worth of K9 Advantix for free!! They want Daisy to get a larger dose.

Butch and I are doing fine -- just busy!! Winter will be quieter, I think. Then we'll be bored. Yuck, don't want to think of winter!!

I do read the posts from all of you and I always send up prayers and good thoughts to all who need them.

Take Care,
Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky and are I are around. We have been reading the posts and trying to keep up with everyone. We have not had time to post seeing as I am sort of in between jobs and busy searching for one while working a temp job. Lucky and I are about to start the final obedience training class so he can be a therapy dog hopefully.
That is all in our world, we will try to post more!

Jenn & Lucky

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Virginiapeg, I am so very sorry to read of the loss of your dear Shelby. It is always so hard to lose our precious friends, but when it happens so suddenly it is doubly heartbreaking. Thank you for posting and letting us know. I hope your memories of happier times with Shelby will comfort you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yay, I found my password after several months of being AWOL.

I have been busy doing nothing of much interest and I log on to find Holly is Beagle of the month so I thought I would try and remember or find my password and check in with everyone. Not sure how many will remember me but Hi to all anyway. Several names I recognise.

The girls (Gem and Holly) are both doing great and have been keeping us entertained as usual. I am so glad to be back. I will try really hard to try and catch up with things soon.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Peg, I'm so sorry to hear about Shelby. I know she was such a great comfort to you after all you went through with Annie. We just never have our furkids long enough

My crowd has had a lazy summer and will be disappointed when I go back to work(school) next week. They have enjoyed some sleeping in time!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Melissa and Henry checking in... I haven't posted for awhile or even been on the boards. I've been very busy with work and a new man, he he. Henry's social calendar has also been very full, and all his little puppy friends are getting so big. Here in about 2 weeks I have to go back to UT, which I'm not all that thrilled about. I only have 5 semesters left! Yippee! I hope this month goes more smoothly for our members dealing with grief. You are all in my prayers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i'm just reading this for the first time. i'm a relatively new member and new as a beagle owner. i just wanted to say that my makaella died of cushing's on may 20th. she was my baby girl (malamute) and i loved her as much as anyone loves a human child. she too went quickly after years of minor symptoms. i was devastated and then jack came into my life - a whole other story.

i just wanted to say how sorry i am for your loss and that i know how evil cushing's is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi everyone!
We have had a busy summer. Ron has been on vacation since June and has just started back for the 2008-09 school year. Brie is not at all happy seeing him leave every morning after having him home for almost 2 months. We took her to a new dog park that has a lake for swimming(she refused to give it a try!!) and lots of trails to hike which she absolutely loved. We will continue to take her on weekends during the schoolyear and she and I will get back to walking in the park that is not as exciting, but is located within walking distance from our home.
Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy summer!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hello everyone from Bill and Lyle! I check in fairly frequently to keep track of how everyone and their Beags are doing. Lyle and myself are doing great and continue our outdoors adventures. He still has separation problems but I and my family have learned to live with them although they are not as severe as they once were. Lyle and myself have been dieting and Lyle managed to dump 8 pounds according to the vets scales! Another 8 and he will be back down to his fighting weight!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Great to see you & Lyle are still here! We missed you & Lyles
adventures! Our boy,s are still as active as ever...
(Including Goober)! He may be around for a while as his
appetite has returned to beagle-status & has managed to stay @
a normal to his age weight of 35 lbs!
(In his prime
he was over 18s tall & weighed 45 lbs)!!!

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Hi everyone, I check in every once in a while too. Red & Bill glad to see you two are still here, and that your boys are still going good.

Hi & welcome to all the newcomers. Hope everyone is doing well and having a fun summer.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey guys,
Snoopy and Marbles are doing great! We take them to the dog park as often as we can so they can get some exercise and wear Marbles out. He is still full of energy!!

We have started using a prescription food for Snoopy for his joints, the vet recommended that we use it before we decide to fix his subluxating patella. Im terrified to have him go through surgery, but worried about the bad arthritis if we dont get it fixed.

We are still around, I read more than I post but try to get on here as much as I can.

Amanda, Snoopy, Marbles

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey ,
Max is doin great. His ear problem finally cleared up. I take him out to the boat yard on a weekly basis and let him run till he just crashes, I bought him some puppy vitamin water the other day, I'll have to see if it does anything for him. I'm sorry I havent posted much anything for a while i just had a squadron leave for iraq so we have been really busy gettin stuff put together for them. Ya'll be careful and take er easy.
by

1 - 20 of 20 Posts