Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an airline approved dog crate for October...well, I need THREE, I have been looking online but they are 100 and above. As most of you know I have a dobi (95lbs), pit mix(65lbs) and beagle (fat)...please help! Any links would help, thanks!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
All I have is a soft crate to use with Maggie if we have to evacuate to a shelter but, after others make suggestions, you might want to check on eBay.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Check out the website www.petedge.com . It's mainly for pet shops and other pet related business owners to buy from. But you can buy for personal use as well. I get Jersey's dog toys here...all for under $2. Same things that my local pet shop sells for $7 and up. I never looked for crates there, but I know other stuff is cheaper.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh try Ebay, I bought Badger and Bella both their wire crates on there and they had good deals. (I think $35.00 or something for a bigger crate)

Good luck! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleBabe:
Have you tried craigslist.com ?
I don't really have any other brilliant ideas about where to find cheap crates (other than the one Popcorn arrived in that we have now had in our storage locker for two years and that I REALLY have to get back to BeaglePaws at some point...), but I would take it that BeagleBabe's post just now that there is no Baby Bela yet?! I was sure we would be getting news today of his arrival!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thrift shops, such as Goodwill, etc., garage and yard sales, classified ads in the newspaper. Also, if you have something you might like to trade, there's swapthing.com. Good luck!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Nope, no Baby Béla yet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif
We have another prenatal on the 11th if nothing happens on it's own. Hopefully we'll get news of progress, or an induction date (doc doesn't want me to go to my due date because I'm high risk).

I also wanted to add that Craigslist is like a big online classified add/garage sale. They have many different locations...if you go to this page: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ you can choose your location from the locations listed on the right side.

They have for sale/ISO listings, as well as "free" listings and job listings. It's free to post and reply to postings.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Any difference between regular and air craft proof crate? I got both of mine from a pet thrift store, they have plenty, I clean them real good, and been using the big one, the small one I thought of donating back to them. It is plastic with a handle and a very sturdy gate.
I have at least cut the price in half even 3 times, only a used one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone! I just want to say thank you for all the useful links. Especially Beagle Babe, I already bought two airline approved crates, one for the cat and one for suzy for 15 dollars each! They are in great condition and I highly recommend craigslist.org for anything you might need. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts