Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOUSE!
We saw that mouse together in the yard yesterday. Charlie was trying to catch it...missed. It ran over my feet under the shed it went. This morning, Charlie was barking at the garden storage box. I knew it must be the mouse again. I shifted the box, Charlie charged in, retrieved a dead mouse! Good thing I have taught Charlie the "drop" command, I can't imagine what it would turned out later...shredded. Hope it is the same mouse we saw yesterday.

Charlie the great!! :bounce:

Oh He better not kiss me for a while! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
I bet he was pretty proud of himself too! Protecting Mom from all those beasties that dare to enter HIS territory. At least he didn't eat it.

Even while on a leash, Shasta will dive into the tall weeds on our walks and comes back with mouse in her mouth and a silly grin. We have told her will will put Mouser on her resume, but as of yet no one has hired her. :hysterical:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am so glad he did not eat it... Yucky. He is doing a great job protecting his familiy. We have tons of frogs and the dogs bark at them and chase them all the time. I am so afraid they are gonna eat one...yuck!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Originally posted by Bailey and Whizzer's Mom:
I am so glad he did not eat it... Yucky. He is doing a great job protecting his familiy. We have tons of frogs and the dogs bark at them and chase them all the time. I am so afraid they are gonna eat one...yuck!
At least frogs are edible, right? Should be a delicatessen. :hi:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Charlie mom:
At least frogs are edible, right?
Not all of them!! I used to live in the Virgin Islands and we had huge frogs (locally called "grappos") that emitted an extremely poisonous venom when attacked. We had to be extra careful that our dogs didn't go near them and the frogs loved sitting in the dogs' outdoor water bowls -- made a mess in them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can relate.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading late one night and heard a strange sound coming from the back deck. I turn on the lights and lo and behold the cat has a mole in its mouth. The strange noise was the cat trying to meow with a mole in her mouth. While I was staring the cat dropped the mole, the mole took off, and the cat ran after the mole and out of sight. I thought to myself “I hope that mole escapes because if he doesn’t the dogs will find it”. Sure enough, the next afternoon I looked out the window to see Daisy whipping her head about having a grand old time. Of course it’s the long dead mole she has in her mouth. I run outside and make her drop the now completely shredded carcass. I get a shovel and toss it over the back fence, and grabbed daisy (not even thinking) to carry her up to the house. Needless to say, her chest, neck, and face was covered in rotten mole guts, and now it was all over me.

That was really gross.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts