1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had not posted in awhile.
I was depressed and in total loss.

My Charlie ran away on Dec 17.
We searched almost 24 hours a day, put up almost 200 flyers all over the city, placed ads on the net approx 20 sites, calling pounds and spca, shelters etc...I did not sleep , I cryed and cryed...My time was spent searching like a detective for Charlie, asking around putting word out, I was not giving up.
99 percent of people said not to worry Charlie was safe in someones Home.
Well as his Mum I knew something was not right, I knew he was not in someones home and was scared and worried to death My little boy was scared and cold, days seemed like weeks, on the 4th full day I was still crying, crying out that My charlie would be found before it snowed, I still knew in my soul he was out there somewhere.
On the 5th day I recieved a call from the spca, saying a man called and said a young beagle was running around his yard in the morning but could not catch him he was scared....SPCA gave me the number of the man, when I called the man he said he had not seen the beagle since early morning now it was 4pm and I was welcome to come to take a look around....WOW it was a fare distance My little boy was spotted.
I went right away, went to the peoples house left My glove with my scent on it, incase Charlie came back, I went on search with his squeeeky ball in the area he was spotted, calling out crying.....approx 20 blocks away more from were he was spotted, I thought i was seeing things, Behind large rod iron gates was a beagle, Charlie I called, thinking still i was seeing things I cleared my eyes...charlie I cryed out again.....he whimpered trying to get out.....Ohhh charlie I cryed is that you, trying to find a way in to get to my boy....I found a door on the gate was not locked i turned the handle droped to the ground, as my charlie whimpered cryed and shivered, we embrased eachother as he took in my scent still loving me up,,, I lifted him up like a cat a cradled him,,,, assuring him mummmy is here, I placed him down....as we were walking back towards the way I came 20 blocks he was smelling my scent on the ground and crying,,, looking up at me each time, I said mummas here hunny, mummas here, would bend down hold him then carry on the rest of the way, after we got back to the car, placed him inside he was in confusion shivering etc...I hurried home,,,,bathed etc..... that night he had bad nightmares all throughout the night I stayed up making sure he was ok.....reasuring him he was safe now......It was a miracle, that night after he was found it snowed.
That was my xmas gift....truely a wonderfull thing.
Since then I have been having him rest and relax.
We can not believe the distance he traveled how the hell did he cross 4 different busy intersections.

I'm soooooo happy now, and those little things that erked me about Charlie? Were missed when he was gone *sigh*

YEHHHHHH CHARLIE IS HOME.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We took him for his evening walk, like we always have done, in an incased area, he esacped through a small hole it was dark *stupid us* it happened so fast and we did not have our car with us, the time we got outa the incased area he was not even in the area, could not be seen, we searched all night, I even asked My Hubby if Charlie was even real?
That's how fast everything took place. *sigh*

This will never happen again, incased areas at night, for that matter no places at night!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
:woohoo: We all share in your joy! I bet it will take a few days of your providing hugs and cuddles and special treats before Charlie will feel safe again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup your right, he needed lots of cuddles and reasurring.

One thing although has changed since he's been back is;

Before he went missing, I would go outside for 5 mins or so, I would come in and he would act like I was gone for days whinning licking hugging.

But since he;s been back i will leave for 5 mins or so like before i come in, he looks gives a little hello then carries on his marry way.

I think this 5 day cold wondering trip made him a little more independant and knows mummas comming back?

just a guess what do you think?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleWeegle:
We took him for his evening walk, like we always have done, in an incased area, he esacped through a small hole it was dark *stupid us* it happened so fast and we did not have our car with us, the time we got outa the incased area he was not even in the area, could not be seen, we searched all night, I even asked My Hubby if Charlie was even real?
That's how fast everything took place. *sigh*

This will never happen again, incased areas at night, for that matter no places at night!
When a beagle picksup that that scent to follow they are gone in a heartbeat ! Glad to hear you found him ! :thumbup: I know you are !!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: When Shiloh was a puppy I tried taken him out at night with out a leash and black as he was about 5 feet away I couldn't see him ! :nono5: We went in and got the leash ! Never again !!

Edited doubled post HL

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was so glad to read your happy ending! :bounce2: I've had the experience of having a beagle being missing for several days, and know the agony that you experienced. It's so wonderful when the baby is finally safe at home again. :happyhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sandy said it perfectly..."agonizing"!

How horrible that must have been for Charlie as well as you. There have been times when Henry was nowhere to be found and I've looked all over the house, all over the yard and even a couple of houses down the street...and I turn around and he's at the back door. But those moments are horrifying! We live in a wooded area and my mind goes crazy!

I am so happy that your story had a happy ending. I was worried as I read that it might not. I'm sure you thanked the man who spotted Charlie and called the SPCA profusely.

Extra belly rubs for him tonight from Henry and I.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I was crying tears of joy, reading about Charlie and your Christmas miracle. What a wonderful story! :bounce2:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Aw, I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried reading this! Congrats on Charlie's return, and kudos to you for being so diligent and working so hard to bring your baby home.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Such a sad story with such a happy ending!!! well done to not give up!

Hope Charlie will get over his ordeal quickly!

xx
K

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I cried buckets reading this. Thank goodness it had a happy ending. It reminded me of when Susi got out and I was convinced we would never see her alive again. God, how we love our furry kids.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
OMG, I am in tears right now. That is so sad, I would be like you, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. I am so glad you found him. I hope he never does that to you again.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I'm so glad the story has a happy ending!
I felt like reading a novel.
My Charlie said welcome back and be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Is Charlie microchipped? Or does he carry a tag with your phone number on it?
It happened to my senior dog Marlin who passed on already. He slipped through an opened gate, he was lucky, a nice man called said he had him.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What a horrible ordeal! I lost my 2 labs once about 8 years ago just for one night and I was crushed, so I can only imagine your despair after 4 days. When I got a call that a nice family had found my babies and taken them in, I literally jumped up and down and screamed for a good 5 mintues I was so excited.

I would imagine you are feeling incredibly blessed right about now. I'm so glad you found Charlie and got him home where he belongs. I have no doubt he will be smothered with love for a good long time. What a nice ending to a tragic story.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Charlie mom:
Is Charlie microchipped? Or does he carry a tag with your phone number on it?
It happened to my senior dog Marlin who passed on already. He slipped through an opened gate, he was lucky, a nice man called said he had him.
Those few scares that Henry has given me were made a tad bit bearable knowing that Henry has ID tags on his collar as well as a microchip under his skin. ID tags really give you piece of mind.

~Denise

·
Registered
452 Posts
After reading your post......If my beags get out I will never never give up hope.....The Lord works in Mysterious ways....and you found you Beag.......HAPPINESS...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Charlie is microchipped and had I.D on Him, however he would not go to anyone, That's why when I spoke to the man, he said when they saw the beagle in the yard they tryed getting him to come to them but he was not going near them, that is why I left My glove with scent on it for the man and lady, incase I never found my boy and he came back there, I was certian ( even with the little time I was his mum)that my scent on the glove he would come closer to them.
BUT THANK you mirical that my glove was not needed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LOVE YOU CHARLIE

I pray that miricales always happen for our lost companions.

Thank you again everyone.

P.S REMEMBER HOW CHARLIES NAME USED TO BE LUCKY? HOW BLOODY FITTING IS THAT. laughs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts