Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 2 days in a roll, accident in the house early in the morning, couldn't wait. The stool been soft. Took him to the vet today, yes, today, they are open on Sunday. The vet wants to run test on him, because I told her that he has been nipping on the mulch and twigs and leaves in the yard. Also, ate some leaves of the geramium(vomitted out almost instant). And he swallow a chap lip cap during the fight with me trying to get it out of his mouth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Well....the bill came out to be whooping $600.
I'm sorry darling, I do not think I can come up with $600 even to charge it on my card. Beside these expense are not to heal him, is to run test just to see what's wrong.
I came home with I/D, perhaps I'll wait, hubby said so too. meanwhile pepto bismol to calm his tummy.
Other than that he is lively and well. He ate the I/D no problem, treats of course.
Actually, he is better than yesterday, he pooped only once soft stool still, not runny.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh dear, poor Charlie and poor you. Hope he is feeling better now. We love our furry kids but they can be expensive. Am sure you will pay to have him fit again. Come on Charlie, show your momma that you are doing what you can.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well I hope they can find out what's going on. Get well soon Charlie.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Don't forget plain canned pumpkin to firm that stool. One good dollop on the regular kibble for a few days. Also, some plain yogurt with active cultures will do wonders for the digestive tract.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry to hear that Charlie is not feeling well. Try the pumpkin, I have also heard that it can help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Poor Charlie /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Hopefully something he ate just didn't quite agree with him and he'll be better soon.
The fact that he's passing stools ( you said they are just soft not runny) so things are moving through - so he shouldn't have a blockage. If he was vomiting/lethargic with watery or no stools then you'd be worried about a blockage.
He's bright and active and that's the main thing. You could try fasting him ( ie only water) for 24 hrs ( beagle horror I know!! Quick cover his eyes don't let him read this!!) and let his tummy settle and then just re-introduce small bits of the i/d diet.
Is he wormed regularly?
( by the way I am a veterinarian so I'm not just spinning out all this advice with no back-up). I obviously don't like giving too detailed advice over the internet when I haven't seen the animal but I don't mind giving GENERAL advice.)
Anyway I hope he feels better soon /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just keep his diet nice and bland for now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I think as long as he's bright in himself and passing stools then you are ok just monitoring him for now.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you all! Especially Snoopyminky, I will watch no food today :hi: , but 24 seems a bit too long, maybe 12-13 hours. He should clean out his system first, some junky food he ate.
I'm glad we have professionals on this board.
Thankssssss

Rhoda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts