Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie doesn't do that often, he barks loud. Today there might be a siren that he heard. He always respond to that, it is so cute. A very soft arrrooo imitating the siren. I wish he will do that more often but not the BARK!
I ask him to do that again, he wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie only does it if she sees a raccoon in the back yard. It is loud enough for the neighbors to hear while Maggie is still inside the house.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Henry has bayed a couple of times...he communicates with me by whining in response to my talking to him. I don't think I've ever heard him arooo.

Yodel actually yodels when he wants something.

Hope Charlie is being a good boy, Rhoda! Tell him hello for us!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn is a very reluctant arrroooo-er too - it is so wonderful when she does let one go (puts her head back and everything) and I really wish she would do it more. Maybe one day... once she has battled more of her demons and can let loose more.

She has also never bayed when running after squirrels - again I am hoping that one day she will just start doing it. She used to be completely silent but now she at least makes little chirping noises, so hopefully we are moving in the right direction. One would think she would pick it up from Booker and Moose - but so far nothing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey is very vocal but she never bays (except when left home alone, which is no longer done). She barks at other dogs outside sometimes, and she grunts, groans and makes lot of growly kinds of noises when she talks to us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts