Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once yesterday and twice today Charlee has thrown up his food. I just had him at the vet on Thursday and he checked out fine. Then Friday I was walking him at the park and his poop had worms. I took him right over to the vet and they gave him Pyrantel in a syringe and gave me another to give him in 2 weeks. Do you think the throwing up could be from the worms or medication? His poop is fine now and he's as active as ever. I was thinking maybe he's eating too fast but since the worm incident, I'm worried.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The worms could definitely be the problem - or the medication, tho none of mine have ever thrown up from the de-wormer. The only worm problems I've had here have been with rescues that came from out of state. The pups that I've purchased here, or that have been born here, haven't had problems because my vet makes sure they're de-wormed at every visit. Is Charlee still throwing up? Could he have gotten into something at the park? If it continues, I'd definitely call the vet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He did it again a few minutes ago. Ate about 2 tbsp of food (dry) and threw it up. He went right back and ate more food and finished the bowl so we'll see how long he keeps it down. He's also teething so maybe that's part of it? I don't think he got into anything he wasn't supposed to at the park but he is also always eating rabbit poop in the yard, which I'm assuming that is where he got the worms from in the first place. The vet is closed tomorrow for the holiday so if it keeps up I'll call them Tuesday. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Both the worms and the meds can make him get sick. Be sure to pick up the water bowl for a bit. They tend to go take a drink after throwing up, and then they just vomit again.

Molly is a rescue dog and she had really bad tapeworms. She had very loose stool and vomiting before diagnosed, and then again before the next worming.

Hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke had a bout with worms when we first got him and he threw up a lot. Not constantly, but often enough that we thought he had a very sensitive stomach. It was the worms and guiardia (sp?). Once we cleared those up, problem solved.

Hope Charlee feels better soon!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He didn't throw up all day yesterday or today, but DH said he threw up just a little bit after he ate a milk bone tonight. I figured it might be from the worms/meds. He's still active and has an appetite so I guess that's a plus. Figures, when the vet called today to see how he was, I said he was better, then he goes and pukes tonight. Thanks for all of your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts