Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All is good. Vet said he was ready to come home as soon as he woke up. He whined a bit and laid around for about an hour after we got home, but it's been tough keeping him from playing and jumping around since then. He's also having trouble walking around with the cone around his neck. He keeps bumping into things. I'm glad we got it overwith because I was a nervous wreck all day!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad Charlee's snip went well. They do have problems walking with the cone initially, but he'll adjust. Li'l Girl had to wear one when she had stitches in her face. She got so she could maneuver just fine with it.

Give Charlee a gentle tummy rub from me.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great to hear Charlee is doing good!! If you are around to watch that he's not messing with his stitches, you can remove the cone... I was with Chloe for the 10 days after her surgery and didn't even bothered getting a cone for her.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Excellent! We all wish him a speedy recovery. My vet always gave me some kind of cream to put on the stitches (can't remember the name of it ... duh!) but it tastes nasty to the dog and keeps them away from the incision. None of my dogs ever tolerated cones.

Charlee's a good boy - hugs to him and to you for handling the stress so well.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Glad to hear all is well with Charlee. Buzz got neutered 10 days ago and we were around to keep an eye on him most of the time so we only subjected him to the cone when we had to leave him... and 10 days later he is as good as new! Hope Charlee's recovery is quick and problem-free.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
glad to hear that Charlee's big event went well ...

here's to a speedy recovery !!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My vet said 10 days but I don't know if Charlee will keep it on that long. He's already managed to wiggle it off up to his ears.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Casie sends his very recent understanding and feels Charlie's pain. Casie is the only one who didn't have a cone, but he got that nasty gel stuff for his incision, also. And it's nasty, after I put it on his stitches, I could smell the stuff. But it works! Now I use it on Cobi's foot for licking...so far it's the only stuff that he doesn't like.

Give Charlie a gentle hug from me, and one for you too.

Cathy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts