Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been teaching Charlee to swim to the ladder in our pool just in case he ever falls in. Hubby decided to plop him on a raft and he actually liked it! Floated around for a few minutes before he decided to roll off and swim back to the ladder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
Great picture! I wish Bodie come in the pool with us. But he'll have no part of it.
Maggie will have no part of it either. She's fallen in a few times, and we have taught her to swim to the steps and get out, but she'd NEVER go in on her own!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Nice picture! I could do with that pool right now, boiling hot here.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That is too cute!

Roscoe was great in the pool last year, once we actually got him in, he would never go in on his own! But once in, he swam quite nicely!

Havent tried it with the other two yet!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh, now that is a GREAT picture!!! Too funny and cute!!!

Toby spent a summer with Labs and learned to swim from them. He used to LOVE ponds, but it's been a long time since he has gotten to go swimming. I don't know if he still has a taste for it or not. Lucky, otoh, has never gone and I am thinking he would not like it!! Maybe he would surprise me though!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That is too cute! I wish Caesar liked the water...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We kinda have to coax Charlee in, but once he's there, he's fine. We lost our cocker spaniel in the pool 4 years ago, he was old, partially deaf and didn't see well so we think he tried to get a drink and tumbled in. Don't want a repeat occurance so we wanted to teach Charlee to swim to the ladder just in case. I'm just glad he enjoys the pool so he can swim with us!

·
Registered
131 Posts
very cute picture! I am going to try and teach my two how to swim. Leo knows how, but I am pretty sure he prefers to be safely on shore. Maybe Caelia will like it, who knows?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts