Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been giving Sadie Chicken Soup..., Adult for a couple of years, and I think it has contributed to her weight gain. I don't know if they make a light. The one place I can find it locally, carries Adult and Puppy.

After a little research (and information overload)I settled on Blue Buffalo - Weight Control (yellow bag) Anyone familiar with it?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I'm not familiar with that specific type of Blue Buffalo, but Max is on Blue for Puppy (Chicken) and Daisy is on Blue Wilderness and both are doing well and thriving. It also helps that Daisy LOVES it! She would just pick at her food before, but now that I've switched she goes crazy

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I've never used blue buff weight control but i Love blue buffalo. Its some of the best dog food out there, i'm sure your dog will love it and you'll notice the kibble actually smells good instead of that weird dry dog food smell. I can't explain it...but once you open a bag u'll notice it just smells different then other dog foods.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I know Blue Buffalo has a good reputation. But I also know it's a little on the pricy side.

We definitely read the labels and know what to look for. So we try to weight type of key ingredients verses price. For several months we were using Rachael Ray's Nutrish. The problem is you can only find it at select Wal-marts and only then it's occasionally in stock. So we just migrated to the Kirkland brand at Costco. The price is great $22-$24 for a 40 lb. bag and the ingredients are fine.

·
Registered
837 Posts
When I was feeding dried food I always made sure to feed a food with a very minimal grain content. Any food that lists a grain in the first few ingredients is a big no no for me.

Now I feed BARF so have eliminated grains altogether and it is has helped tremendously with Daisy's ear infections as grain produces yeast in a dog's body and this was leading to a build up in her ears.

If Daisy is looking a bit chubby I just cut down her daily intake of food and feed her biggest meal in the morning, this works well for us.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
We just recently switched to the Blue brand (kibble) and both our guys LOVE it! It has a great reputation and is a high quality dog food. Prior to Blue, Roscoe wasn't so excited about eating (not good for a beag) and acted like it was a chore and even sighed when I put his bowl down. Now, he runs to the kitchen in the morning and evening. Cole runs to the kitchen every five seconds, but that's another story

We are on our second big bag of kibble now and notice a big difference in them both. Their coats are super shiny and they have even more energy (oh boy!). So, I think its great.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses.
There is <span style="font-weight: bold">SO</span> much information out there! I finally picked a few that looked good, checked local availability, and settled on BB from Petsmart.
It isn't cheap, but for one beagle it's not too bad. Now, if I was trying to feed a whole pack, or the 150 lb. malumute I used to have...

We'll see how she does on it... Gotta get those pounds off!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I feed 2 of my beags BB brown rice and chicken and my little fatty beag the BB weight control.I recomend Blue Buffalo to everyone......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts