Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ya’ll!
I haven’t posted more than a, “We’re still here.” in a while. So I thought I’d share some pictures.
We boarded our babies for the first time, when we went to the Florida Keys over Memorial Day weekend.
We weren’t really happy about it, but we were going to be six adults staying in one, small, two-bedroom unit.
Between that, and everything involved in hauling a boat and all the gear a couple hundred miles away from home, our two little monsters would have been just too much.

When we dropped them off I watched the girl take them through the door to the pens. When she opened it, all the dogs inside started barking like mad. Sadie cowered with her tail between her legs. Sparky was wagging his like crazy and bouncing around as if to say, “WOW! COOL!!!
Karen made me promise to keep my mouth shut if I was going to worry about them all weekend. (She knows how I can be.) So I obsessed in silence, thinking about Sadie being all alone in the dark when I laid in bed at night.
Half way home, in the middle of the Everglades, she couldn’t stand it anymore and told me how much she had worried too.
Of course, they were fine when we picked them up, but we don’t know that we could do it again. Sadie went into “pay-back” mode for a day or two. She apparently did NOT have a good weekend!

Back at home, it’s squirrel hunting again…

And some local boating...
Does my big floppy hat make me look like a sissy-boy, Dad?

There's one or two more I'd like to post if I can find the right memory card.
Hope everyone's having a good summer.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I love seeing your pictures because it reminds me of home so much! I was planning on driving back this summer and letting Henry see the home place (he's a native Tennesseean), play in the ocean, see the old crew, yadda yadda, but the gas would break me. It's almost 800 miles to Lehigh from Knoxville. Ohh well. The sunsets here in the mountains do rival those on the beaches, however.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Awesome pictures! Love that last one.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Love your pics! The hat shot is just too dang cute!

Sorry Sadie paid you back for leaving her. Though I may whine about having grown sons still living at home, I have to admit that it makes life so much easier when we travel. We never have to worry because my son takes great care of them for us. I would be just like you guys if I had to kennel ours.

But you're home now and I'm sure Sadie has finally forgiven you! They are both beautiful beagles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts