Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took Cassie to the vet today to have her ears checked since they were red. The vet said her ears were actually pretty clean thanks to my diligent cleaning. Cassie has been shaking her head, scratching, and licking her paws. The vet examined her paws and noticed a bump between her toes which could be from the licking. After discussion about the strong possibility of allergies and treatment, the vet recommended an injection of "Cytopoint" which helps relieve the symptoms within a short amount of time and lasts a couple of months. The information came with an itch tracker grid to rate daily itching from severe to mild. I also got rx antibiotic wipes for her paws and finally Tresederm for her ears. Recheck in a week.

Oh, and she lost 3/4lb in a month...must be due to green beans.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It's always something isn't it. Did she have allergies before? I don't remember her having them. Autumn does. I have never heard of Cytopoint. Hope she feels better. Could it be all the rain you have had?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the vet said she had allergies to grass a long time ago. The fresh grass that's cut weekly after all the rain could be making it worse. I never heard of this medication before either. I hope it really helps. Ill report back what I notice. I'll be tracking it on the sheet .

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Poor Cassie. Hope the allergies clear up and she feels better.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vet gave cassie pets and affection. At the end of the visit the vet handed a treat to cassie but she wouldnt take it. The vet put the treat on the floor then cassie grabbed it and ran to the side to eat it...lol

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I hope Cassie gets to feeling better! I guess this is the down side to finally having rain! :( The trees are really blooming now achoo :D
techie

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far last night and this morning...no scratching! Im watching to see how this Rx works.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Poor Cassie...Xerxes says AROOO I'M COMING TO GIVE YOU KISSES!!!!!!!!!

I hope she keeps feeling better. Sounds like there is improvement already. Keep us updated please!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its been 2 days since the injection and NO scratching!. Amazing!! I thought it would take awhile to work.
Now if she would stop licking her paws. Today, I put some apple cidar vinegar and Epsom salts in a basin and swished her feet in it. ..she didnt appreciate it...lol. i will wipe her paws with the medication later. She has a small bump between her toes i hope will recede with the treatment. She has a follow up appointment Wed nxt week.
Cassie here...send X over with those kisses...!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Xerxes says 'Slobber slobber slobber if I'd realized you were unwell I would've ditched my hoomans and run across continent!!!!!!'

I tried epsom salt baths too once for either Xerxes or Neb. Dogs really aren't appreciative!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xerxes says 'Slobber slobber slobber if I'd realized you were unwell I would've ditched my hoomans and run across continent!!!!!!'

I tried epsom salt baths too once for either Xerxes or Neb. Dogs really aren't appreciative!
Cassie here...Love slobber! Mom says I'm not itching...
😀

·
Registered
977 Posts
Good news!

Xerxes wants to know if Cassie likes playing with cats. He can bring a cat to their date if she says yes to a date. The cat might be a bit grumpy is the only thing, he says, but it's a good cat otherwise.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news!

Xerxes wants to know if Cassie likes playing with cats. He can bring a cat to their date if she says yes to a date. The cat might be a bit grumpy is the only thing, he says, but it's a good cat otherwise.
Cassie here...Never been around a cat but if you wanna chase and munch on lizards haul your butt down here.😎

·
Registered
977 Posts
Doooooone sounds even better than humping the cat! Mom keeps scolding me on that one!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cassie here...im trying to be good since mom is pretty grumpy right now. Two days ago she had to call a plumber to clear the drain pipe behind the clothes washer, then the microwave died. So mom had to buy a new one and decided to get a new dishwasher too since it was getting tired. So guys came and installed the appliances....THEN...the kitchen sink faucet is not running properly so the guys came back but couldn't fix it. Sooooo mom has to buy a new faucet. She said my vacation is off due to all the money that she spent and my treats are going to be cut in half (she said just kidding on that).
*&^%%$#÷/_&*(!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Xerxes here - I HOPE she was kidding about your treats! And I thought I had it tough here with the whole 'Don't bay at dogs from the balcony' 'Don't hump the cat' don't don't don't don't I tell you! My mom says she would be upset if she was your mom too, but hoomans are weird. Did I tell you I found some yummy pine needles on the balcony? MY mom took them away, mom's, I tell you!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mom is still a little grumpy cuz the warehouse didnt have a faucet replacement so she's going to have to search other places or wait for a shipment. But the upside is she gave me treats!

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mom is still a little grumpy cuz the warehouse didnt have a faucet replacement so she's going to have to search other places or wait for a shipment. But the upside is she gave me treats!
Cassie here...things are looking up. The plumber is coming to install the new faucet. Whew, Do I smell treats? Mom will be happy to have water again...it was like living off the grid!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Whoo hoo!

...my mom recently installed a new dishwasher, counter stove and oven...I feel your pain, living through her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts