Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassie had a dental cleaning and had an extraction for a cavity and a piece of gum removed . She also had a bump on her paw which was surgically excised. Her paw is wrapped.
It was a long day and home with a soft cone...very sleepy. She has to take antibiotics and an anti inflammatory rx. Reckeck friday.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Oh sweet girl! I'm sure she'll recover well - Xerxes says 'Feel better Cassie!!!!!'

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Oh dear, poor Cassie! Feel better soon sweetie. Molly has trouble with mouth pain sometimes and she LOVES baby food!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to hibernate with a cone...lol.
She goes back to the vet tomorrow to get her dressing off her paw.. but you can be sure she'll want to lick it so she may have to wear the cone longer.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I was just coming to ask how she was doing!

It looks like she's sulking a bit (with her back turned) - she is such a sweetheart!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Awww poor Cassie! Hope she heals up quickly. I'm contemplating a dental for Autumn in the fall. Not ready to shovel out so much money for it though. :(

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take cassie to Banfield..vet thats part of Petsmart. Ive been extremely satisfied with their care. They have an insurance plan..when i renewed her plan this year I added dental cleaning to it so I didn't shell out any large amount money for dental cleaning. It was a small increase to the plan. I pay monthly for a very reduced insurance service. Next renewal I'll take off dental cleaning since she wont need it for awhile.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Her teeth do look pearly white. Shes still wearing the cone for another week when she gets the stiches taken out of her paw... hope it was nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm sure the bump was just a sebaceous cyst or something - but it's good to be cautious for sure.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neb thats what im hoping for. I think her licking it irritated it more. It looks like the vet reduced it.
The vet said she also has a lump on her chest but I chose not to do anything to it.. will see what its like in the future.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Luc had a few lumps and bumps that didn't do much. Neb's got a sweat gland cyst or something that I drain occasionally (I have mentioned to the vet I'm doing this) - it's clear liquid. But it's below his eye so he can't irritate it and lick it.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you
I took the cone off since ir was making it difficult for her to walk and im sure the incision is healed..stitches out tuesday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts