Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassie had her 6month check up and vaccines. All is well. She does have some stiffness in her hips but seems to loosen once she gets moving. My neighbor takes her dog for water therapy ..perhaps something to consider in the future. Cassie got another dose of Cytopoint for scratching and itching which previously lasted about 6 months.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That's good news! Xerxes says she's not old enough to be stiff...though he does love the older ladies.

I have taken the dogs (pre-Xerxes) to a dog pool - started doing it with my GSD who had hip dysplasia.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact that cassie is only 7.7yrs with some hip stiffness is upsetting to me. I was firm at the Vet office to not give vaccines in the hips. Ive actually seen cassie get up and put all her weight on her front legs. Once she gets moving she seems to walk ok. Yesterday she gave a good run around the yard. Its a weird thing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That is upsetting. Arthritis in the legs I believe anyways is something to do with the synovial fluid so perhaps it takes some time for it to lubricate. But that is sad :( Poor Cassie!

...I dunno what to suggest. Do you think she's in pain?

Xerxes says she's perfect no matter what!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think she's in pain..at least I dont hear any wincing sounds. She just adjusts. Im still giving the salmon oil which may help. She can move when she wants!

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's good she's not showing any signs of pain. That's positive. We've been giving salomon oil for years but have started giving glucosamine to Neb again, so Toby insisted we give it to Xerxes, even though he's 3. I don't think it'll hurt so why not.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's good she's not showing any signs of pain. That's positive. We've been giving salomon oil for years but have started giving glucosamine to Neb again, so Toby insisted we give it to Xerxes, even though he's 3. I don't think it'll hurt so why not.
Have you seen a noticable improvement with the glucosamine?

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Vazzle used to take TDC Joint Supplements for her joints when she tore her ACL, they worked great and help with the teeth also. You can get them online, I got mine from Amazon. You can also take her to a holistic vet and they do painless laser therapy for joint pain.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Have you seen a noticable improvement with the glucosamine?
Not yet, but it's only been a few weeks. And apparently about 50% of people/dogs don't respond to it.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Glad Cassie had a mostly good checkup. Sorry to hear about the stiffness. I definitely think swimming is a good idea.

Hugs to Miss Cassie.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad Cassie had a mostly good checkup. Sorry to hear about the stiffness. I definitely think swimming is a good idea.

Hugs to Miss Cassie.
Well thx, been thinking about you. Hope things are going well...considering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts