Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Cassidy's first night I think went great for a 9 week old pup. She only woke up 2 times in the night, and peed outside everytime. So far, no accidents in the house. She actually went to the door and scratched it, and we took her out and she did her business! I hope this goes well like that, but I know with experience, this was only a flook...lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's a great start! It's true that most puppies aren't house broken at 9 weeks. However, that's how old our Traveler was when we adopted him, and seemed instinctively to know that he was to potty outdoors. He required virtually no training.
Nine years later, it still boggles my mind!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's great . Hope it continues for you . We are getting a puppy hopefully in May if all works out and we are so out of practice in that sort of thing . I don't remember either of ours learning that quick though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Zelda was really quick like that as well. Even when we had her at 8 weeks, she never went potty inside. In total, I think she's only gone inside about twice since we've had her... there has been other times she's done it in other people's homes who have dogs, and I'm pretty sure she was just marking her territory.

The scratching the door is a great sign.

We hung a rope with bells attached at the end to the door knob and made zelda touch the bells everytime we opened the door and soon enough she was going to the door and ringing the bells by herself.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is day 2, and she only woke up once last night. We only had 2 accidents total so far, and I blame those on me misreading her. Beagles are always sniffing...lol can't really tell until they squat! lol but still, very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts