Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Casey's first agility class. I am very excited and am hoping it helps to focus her endless energy. Hunter has had a puppy class and an agility class, and loved it. Casey has had a puppy class and it is now her turn for agility. i am trying to figure out how I am going to sneak Casey out of the house without Hunter realizing we are going. She loves to go anywhere and if she sees Casey going she will want to come too. I may get Mike to take Hunter for a walk when we are ready to go, that may work. Wish me luck, and I hope Casey listens at least a little bit in class /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I'm seriously thinking of having Charlie re-train. He took the puppy training, but either he refuse to abide by the rule or simply forgotten. He can look at me blank when I say the "come", never come to me. Especially in the dog park, he will look my way, simply ignores me completely. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
My daughter is researching particularly the cost. Some will come to my house charging a whooping $900 for 6 session. Agility, does that includes behavior or simply the speed of action in doing tricks. Maybe he needs more in behavior training than doing tricks. He is now dominating me, lots of time he would lay there and just stares at me, I have a feeling that he is studying how to manipulate me. "This crazy mom, lets see how I can get that yummy thing she is eating". :biglaugh: :greendevil:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good luck with the Agility. I am sure she will be great... :thumbup:

I have heard the Beagles usually love the stuff since it helps them focus. We are going to try to take Dex to a class too. They have something here where you can take one, one hour class for $7 , which I don't think is bad and then you can keep coming back to practice for the same amount.

Agility includes plank walking, running through the tube, weaving, jumping over hurdles etc...it really helps the dogs understand your body language as well as keeps them focused...contrary to popular belief..they have to think a lot in agility, which gets them really tired too...

Is the $600 for just regular training or agility training? Agility is a little more expensive since it involves equipment and stuff, so maybe its worth it..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Casey had a great time at class yesterday! She remembered the place from her puppy class, and was excited. She did really well. Hunter was not happy to stay home with Mike though. When we came home , they sniffed each other like they had been apart for days. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts