Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else's Beagle digs the carpet??

Dixie is under my desk just digging away like she is making a nice mound of dirt to lay on. then she circles around the "mound" then lay down for afew sec, then back up digging the "mound" higher! lol

she finally settled down and i think she is going to sleep.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
YES!!! Chloe does that, usually when she is trying to bury something: she diggs, buries and tucks it well... with nothing!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
That's what gave her the rug burn on the nose, but she is fine now.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock digs a little into the carpet, but most of the time he just tries to chew on it. I am not happy when he decides to do either. I've got the apple bitter on hand here in the room where the computers are, since that's where he usually does it, and dog toys so that if he digs, I can try to distract him with something else (though the only thing that diverts him completely is undivided attention or food). I take him outside just in case he is trying to tell me he wants to go potty when he chews or digs, but I really doubt those are manifestations of that urge.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No carpet digging in our house (having hardwood probably helps with that...) but Popcorn definitely digs at the covers on the bed - she can send them flying if we don't stop her before she gets too carried away and really gets going!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl doesn't dig at the carpet, but when it was so hot this summer Traveler took to going into an alcove in the living room and digging. :grr: Since my carpet is less than a year old, that didn't set well.

He was so persistent that we baby gated that alcove. Not much for the decor, but it kept my carpet from being ruined. Maybe it's safe to put the gate away now. :conf6:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey does that too. Like Chloe, she only does it when she's trying to "bury" something in the carpet...or sofa...or the car seat...or her pillow...or, well you get the idea!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just watched her bury a rawhide, and this time she actually tried to bury it with her nose!

used to be just dig a hole and drop it, now we have to bury it.

Silly Beagles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts