Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of the car seats or seat belts for dogs? If I am alone in the car, I have to keep Maggie crated. I am kind of interested in the seats that keep them belted in or the seat belt harness. There are so many available, I don't know where to start.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I had bought one for Spencer and by the time I got to the end of the road, he had spun so many times that he was pinned to the seat on his back and freaking out. LOL. Needless to say that seatbelt got returned.

In the car, I usually crate Sydney (she gets extremely carsick) and Spencer just sits on the seat in the back or in the passenger seat if I am alone with him. I say if you can get the seat belt to work, go for it!!

This is the one I had bought.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js...family&keepsr=1

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have them for most of mine - tho we don't go often. They work pretty well. I got mine at PetEdge (with 10 dogs it's a great place to shop) and I get most of my supplies there. The stainless steel dishes I like for the "kids" that sell for $5.95 @ Walmart (more at pet stores) sell for about $1.00 at PetEdge. Even with shipping and handlng fees, it pays ME to shop there. I can get enough bowls (I probably have 30 of the 1 quart size - and quite a few of the larger ones so I don't have to worry about having clean bowls for them all the time. Foster & Smith also sell seat belts/harnesses I think. The ones I have buckle into your seat belt slot. Here's the link. You can buy them at pet stores now, too, but living where we live, there are not many pet stores in the area, so I shop online mostly.

http://trainingandcontrol.petedge.com/Gu...bCategoryId=317

·
Registered
751 Posts
THIS WORKS WONDERS FOR ME ALONE IN THE CAR!!

and helps with Marley's anxiousness. I use his regular harness that we walk him with, and slide the seatbelt through it. He sits nicely, can look out the window, lay, etc., but is safe in the seat. If you already have a harness, don't waste your money on a seat or special seat belt thing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have one for Jersey. It looks like a short leash that hooks to her harness and then the seatbelt goes through the loop. I got it for about $6 at my local pet shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.