Our Beagle World Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Poppy still does the same thing and she will be 2 on March 4th! The best way to stop her is to throw a treat in the opposite direction and she/he will drop whatever and will go for the treat works every time for Poppy as she is such a little pig! She has calmed down a lot though in the last few months thank god. I found the worse thing to do is chase after her she thinks it is just a game!

Poppy loved to chew books from the bookshelf - worst was a HP first edition -

Hello, niece! You are correct! He very much views it as a game when I chase him! His entire body language displays exuberance! I just spring into action because I try to prevent damage to books or magazines. I will try throwing a toy. My other dog did just that with him a few months ago. He was chewing a rawhide that she wanted. She deliberately got his blue rubber ball and bounced it in front of him. he dropped the rawhide to get the ball and within SECONDS my Feist had the rawhide and was in the other room on the couch chewinig it! Dillon didn't know what hit him! His expression was one of shocked amazement!

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is a forum about beagles and all walks of life are welcome here. The problem that people are having in this instance is that there are two different threads by the same user the first one http://www.ourbeagleworld.com/forums/beagle-discussion/56527-puppies.html where this was said:

Yet in this thread she is indicating that her dog isn't pregnant but they plan to breed her. In my opinion it comes down to a matter of respect. We are all very different people with one thing in common a love of Beags. We may not all agree on how to raise or train them but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In this case it's a matter of someone telling two completely different stories and nobody knowing what is the truth.
Exactly, thx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Why are you mad about saffron? It's just a spice and not a very tasty one IMO.

It was a play on words. You are apparently too young to remember the folks singer Donovon Leach. Those are the words from a song by that name that he recorded in the 1960s.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm sorry I have to agree, why? Because our youngest beagle boy was a bored little guy when he came to live with us, He came at 13 months, from a showdog atmosphere where he had 12 other dogs and puppies to play with and run with, He came to our house with an 9 year old dog who was used to being with one older dog, didn't like to play, but welcomed the company of a pack member, Casie chewed on everything, ran around like a wild man , OR hid behind us afraid of strange noises of a town family,. We had to give him a job, walks and play toys, that he hadn't had in his old home, We had to find things to do that would keep him occupied until he dropped of being tired, and I swear he had abundant energy, After four years of being with us, he is learning the ropes of being an alpha dog in training as our older beagle is now 11 yrs old and isn't as playful, Your little girl needs a job to do, and a lot of running, May I ask if you investigated the breed before you got her? Because most people think of these little hounds as sleepy hounds on the cabin porch, they don't realize that they are filled with hi octaine energy, they do bark, and they can make excellent family members, if you are willing to work with them....good luck, I wouldn't trade any of the four beagles we have had for another dog,

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with Kath. If you can't take her for walks daily, play with her several times a day. We do that alot with Missy. We chase her around the apartment (well, actually she does all the running) and after 15 minutes she is ready and happy to lay around and play with her toys. Sometimes she will even go to her crate and wait for us to close the door so she can nap.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It was a play on words. You are apparently too young to remember the folks singer Donovon Leach. Those are the words from a song by that name that he recorded in the 1960s.

Yes I am aware of the song, I was actually just being silly.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts