Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We survived the massive fire and evacuation and now we are having a rain deluge!! Alarm warnings going off on tv and phone. My yard is completely flooded and rising close to coming in. Praying this lightens up but rain is predicted for days. We haven't had this kind of rain in many years! Many inches fast. Mud is coming off the burnt hills. Cassie wont go out, wont go in the garage, and is confused about pee pads.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG, A miracle did happen... I left the kitchen and when I came back there was a pee puddle on the pee pad! What a smartie...big praise and treat. It was like I found gold...lol.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I am so sorry Joann. We haven't been through all that - just the relentless rain. It rained all spring, summer and fall. My yard is a total swamp. We put orange plastic construction fencing across the top third of the yard, just so the dogs can go outside. Winter has had a fair amount of rain too, but now - we also have snow. Enough! I truly feel your pain.

Praying for hot dry weather. I can't see this drying out. It's horrible.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Oh no! Poor Cassie, and you, and Jan! We had that Polar Vortex. It was horrible. -50 windchill for several days. I had to bundle up both dogs, coats boots and run them out potty. Autumn held her poop in all day but thankfully no accidents in the house. This weather has been crazy all over. Hoping for some normalcy for us all.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant imagine dealing with so much snow and freezing conditions. Once things get better spring will be just around the corner. The snow pack in California should really help our drought. Its snowing in all our forests. I dont get snow since its only around 1,000 feet above sea level where I live.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Barb, I cannot imagine that kind of cold. It hurts me just thinking about it. You stay safe!
It was something, but we survived. I had one of those days off and actually went shopping. It's like a challenge I guess. As long as the car works I'm good. Thankfully I have a garage and can still run into the stores. We all do this thing I call the Mn shuffle. When it's really cold we run from our cars to the stores. Cassie, I am glad your drought may be ending. There is always some good in things. I see this morning you guys have made the national news with your weather. I hope when I visit in April I can at least feel some warm sun.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still raining and for several more days are predicted.
I think April should be nice weather. Fingers crossed for Autumn.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Well I am really glad you are finally getting some rain! Heaven knows you sure need it. Fingers crossed you can get some light regular spring showers!
techie

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh no it literally never rains it pours :( I hope the rain stays out of your house. Goo Cassie using pee pads, GOOD GIRL! So smart!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buddy just wants Cassie to know that he always has room up here for her.
Cassie here...REALLY? REALLY? okaaaay. Cant use the yellow convertible down here right now. Mom's packing my stuff right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is so unfortunate. Praying for all of you. Hope that everything clears up as soon as possible. Give Cassie a hug from me.

Floppyears

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is so unfortunate. Praying for all of you. Hope that everything clears up as soon as possible. Give Cassie a hug from me.

Floppyears
Thanks, will give cassie an extra hug...still RAINING....waaa! This is like what happened during el Nino years ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts