Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A battery! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Phoebe chewed on a AA battery she got from inside the tv remote control she got off of the kitchen counter and destroyed! So, off to the vets, as that battery was leaking. The vet said she was okay, but did find two lttle ulcers in her mouth possibly from battery acid.
That tops the list of things I ever thought I'd say my beagle tried to eat! :nono5:
How about you?!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,140 Posts
Chloe chewed up the A/C remote once... I don't leave any of the remotes (stereo/cable/tv/ac) for her to eat :hi:

She didn't get to the battery with the A/C remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
:holyshit: Now that's the first I've heard!!! Lucky she didn't get any chemicals into her.

Mine chewed and swallowed a 95%-gold ear stud once and I had to pick at his stool the following day in an attempt to get it back. I never found it though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
wow-homer has never eaten anything that bad but lately in the morning while hubby is on computer and i am sleeping he has been sneaking into the bathroom,grabbing the tissues and shredding them all over my rug :angryfire:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Maggie chewed up the remote for my TIVO. Its an older TIVO and they don't make the remote any more. I found one on e-bay and am awaiting its arrival. We use the old one very carefully by turning it at an odd angle. Its our fault though. We know she loves to chew the remote and someone left it on the floor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,715 Posts
Oh my gosh!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif That sure tops anything Shiloh the Scavenger has scarfed down!! So glad Miss Phoebe is okay--that must have been so scary for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Glad to hear you beag is ok! My mother in law called a few weeks ago. Her lab (5 yrs) also bit into a battery and she was burned. She recovered of course. That acid is bad stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
Yikes! Glad she's okay. We've always been extra vigilant about not leaving batteries laying around just for that reason.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
My goodness!! Glad she is ok. You just never know what they will get into.

Pooh Bear had a bottle of prescrption antihistimes out in the back yard chewing on it. Luckily he had not gotten in to it yet.

Our first Beagle Sam chewed on my step Dad's false teeth. That was horrible. Step Dad had left them laying on a night table. Sam got them and was chewing on them. He damaged them. I felt horrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Oh the poor thing!!!

My Maggie loves tissues, q-tips. The other night I found she ruined a whole box of tissues.... Then she tries to eat them. I guess its like gum to her. :angryfire:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Im a full time student so i always have pens and pencils laying around... that is - i USED TO have them laying around. I have since learned that any pens or pencils laying on the floor is fair game for Arty to chew on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
We had a battery issue too. Thank gosh they didn't break through it although I don't see how not.

Other than the battery we are missing a TV remote, more pens than I care to think about and my laptop.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top