Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my local pet store did a grand re-opening. They had a lot of different vendors there handing out samples. A lot of them were dog food companies. I talked to two different dog food companies about their canned products. My first question was, of course, "Who is it canned by?". Both of them are independently canned by those companies in their own plants. No wheat gluten and no Menu foods. One is called Spots Stew and is made by Halo Foods. The other is called Smothered Comfort and is made by Merrick. I haven't fed them to Jersey yet but I'll try one tonight. I'll let you know what I think of them. Halo foods has a website with information on home made dog food. It's www.halopets.com. I'm willing to give them a try.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pet food recall has really complicated grocery shopping. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I now read every label on dry, canned, treats, etc. If wheat gluten's listed, I don't buy the food. Last week, we tossed dog biscuits because we'd broken them into pieces and couldn't remember who made them. Better safe than sorry. I'd thought that Miss Priss would refuse food other than what she'd been eating, but to my surprise, she seems to really like the new stuff. Maybe she was ready for a change but couldn't tell me. :hi:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We tried the Spot's Stew tonight. Jersey loved it. I only used a tablespoon in with her food and she gobbled it right up. It looked just like stew too. Chunks of chicken, potatoes, peas, etc...all in a nice gravy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts