Our Beagle World Forums banner

Candy & Floss

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Momto2beagles 
#1 ·

This is my first post but I thought you might like to meet our Beagles Candy & Floss (Floss is to the left of the picture).

They are sisters and are now 8 months old, they are very cute but very naughty and lead each other astray at the first opportunity.

Phil & Morag
Reading, England

See less See more
#11 ·
A big welcome arrrrooo to you, Candy and Floss. Love the names.

And they both look so... I don't know - British!
UK beagles definitely do have a different look to them than North American beagles, or European beagles, or Asian beagles, or Australian beagles for that matter - it is fascinating to see how different beagles seem to look around the world!!

#12 ·
Candy and Floss are beautiful! Their names are unique......are you in the dental profession? (I am, and I wish I'd thought of those names :biglaugh: )

#14 ·
Hi everyone. Thanks for your lovely comments. The photo was taken by Morag's Auntie who is a professional photographer, Morag was stood behind her with some doggy treats to catch their attention.

These are our first Beagles. They are great company and offer so much love, they are little terrors though. They love digging and our back garden looks more like the surface of the moon than a garden at the moment and they chew everything in sight as well.

They are real country dogs and love to be out for walks. We have some woods near us and they love to chase the rabbits and pheasants although recently Candy has taken to running off! She doesn't go far (thank goodness) but she just will not come back when called. We have always let them off the lead since they were small pups, but I can understand Beagle owners who don't want to risk it. I think it seems such a shame with the energy they have not to give them the freedom but sometimes it's best to be safe than sorry. We are lucky that we live quite near a river which has big expanses of meadows that are quite safe for them to run in. Floss did fall in once though when she was a little too inquisitive and Morag had to drag her out.

On a recent walk Candy had been off sniffing and came running back to us with what looked like a stick in her mouth, Morag took it from her to throw and realised it was a foxes leg (GROSS!), no she hadn't caught it, we found the carcas and it was a few days expired. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bye for now!
Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.