Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat, Oscar, sheds like crazy and Abby is all the time eating the hair that she finds on the floor. Should I be giving her something, like I give Laxatone to Oscar, to prevent that hair from clogging up her system?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can't answer your question, but I know they will eat what the cat throws up as quickly as they'll raid the litter box if given the chance.
We have two long-haired cats. If we're both home and we hear a cat gagging, one of us tries to grab the beagles while the other one runs for the paper towels. I'm sure we miss some, but it never seems to be a problem for the dogs.
They can be such... animals!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I get the impression because I've had 24 views on this post and only 1 reply, that I am not the only one with this question.
So, I called my vet's office and they said that it was highly unlikely that Abby would have trouble with eating Oscar's hair. Apparently, dogs digest it better than cats.

Hope that helps someone else with the same problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.